Who deserves the title of king of apostasy ?

by Chook 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

don't forget Simon and Angharad and mouthy. Outlaw also gets my vote.

• cofty
    cofty

Popularity threads are ridiculous.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone
    I put no one ahead of myself, I am my own king of apostasy. I found my way out with help from no one. I was already an apostate well before I started lurking here a decade or so ago. I never had a stage of looking up to anyone as an example. So to me there are no kings, only equals
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Mythology creatures I would say Jesus. Real people I would say Martin Luther. As for our local cult I would have to say Ray Franz then Paul Grundy.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Farkel, Norm F, Alan, JanH did so much of the heavy lifting years back that laid the foundation for many mentioned in this thread. There have been so many individual efforts that it is of very little value to make it 'the best of'. Thank you to all that did the research, created the arguments and pushed people out of their cognitive dissonance. Past current and future warriors, named and unnamed, are deserving of praise and thanks. It isn't about any individual

• Whynot
    Whynot

I really don't like the word apostasy. I feel like the WT has placed a new meaning for the term. I don't see these wonderful people as apostates. Just my opinion. I would rather call them Truth Tellers or something similar

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

An apostate, per definition, is a person that renounces a religious belief. I can't speak for you, but I'm an apostate and most mentioned would fit that definition. Just because Watchtower adds qualifiers like being "mentally diseased" doesn't change the meaning of the word or make it somehow less fitting.

• Simon
    Simon

Apostate comes from greek / latin words to mean "runaway slave".

Seems rather apt - who'd rather stay a slave vs have freedom?

Part of that means not wanting or needing any 'king' or other ruler. The desire to setup people to be looked up to as any kind of 'leader' is a bad idea IMO and unhealthy - isn't that what we escaped from?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

King Solomon

Rub a Dub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Michael Jackson, maybe.

He was - technically - an "apostate", and already the "King of Pop".

The King is Dead, Long Live the King.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit