Who deserves the title of king of apostasy ?

by Chook 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

I think this would be a noble endeavour.

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

My vote goes toward Barbara but we could not call her a king

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Ray Franz.

He could have easily sat back, STFU, and enjoyed the real lifestyle of a "king" but he had a conscience -- and thus, a "Crisis of Conscience".

When Ray "apostatized" there were not many around. It was a bold, lonely position to take. At least any other "apostates" were not as visible as they are today. (Now, it's like jumping on the bandwagon thanks to the internet.)

Now, one could write a long list of "apostate royalty".

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    ElderEtta
    ...but we could not call her a king

Why not?
    In JW fantasy-Land are 144000 kings in heaven - including woman.

My vote too goes to Barbara.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

There are so many that I think have truly trail blazed. Ray Franz is probably the top for me.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Kevin Bunker (modern day king of the kh and cart crashers). The guy is a plague on his own

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Danny Haszard.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

It feels like it lessens the shared journey to try and designate one persons above another. Ray, Barbara, Simon, jw facts and others have all played a role but then many have played a role for someone. I wouldnt set one above another.

• VW.org
    VW.org

John Cedars. When I was waking up he came across to me as evil. As the scales started to fall from my eyes, I still held on to some sort of faith and listening to him talk about athiesm seemed to much.

In one of his videos, he was talking to a watchtower mole and I was shocked and scared because I was still not mentally free from the cult.

Now I am totally in agreement with his views and find his YouTube videos pleasant to watch. And also like his friendly attitude to current JWs so as to gain their attention.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Difference makers (list is not exclusive):

Ray Franz

Jim Penton

Bill Bowen

Barbara Anderson

Paul Grundy

Steven Unthank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest