Jehovah's Witnesses: A Clear Decline

by Hadriel 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Simon
    Simon

re: the charts, it's Google Trends - it's a measure of Google searches over time

https://www.google.com/trends/

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    what @simon said.
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel

The growth of Islam pretty much can't be denied on any level. It is flat crushing Christianity. Now I don't know exactly what that means necessarily but those are the facts.

My only question would be why does Jehovah's spirit directed organization not enjoy the same growth. This is important due to how often the organization wields it as if to say see we're legit.

Apparently God likes Islam better than?

So this isn't about whether you believe in this faith or that, more about if touting growth as validity of backing then why is this happening?

As to the chart It is just a Trends chart. The thing about these things is they are for real in that MA types (mergers & acquisitions guys) use this sort of data religiously (pun intended) to detect whether there are growth possibilities in a given sector.

In various searches (the org post just on the main words "jehovah's witnesses") it is clear there is a decline among the masses when searching on this topic.

There just isn't the same interest as before. So searches like the above and "what do JW's believe" have all dropped off a bit.

However search terms/keywords related to JW's and child abuse have spiked.

The point to this exercises is that it isn't the end all be all but there is little doubt in my mind that the foothold has slipped due to the amount of information now reaching active witnesses, those studying or those interested.

Bottom line the Tower has buckets of money and they're streamlining. They have staying power from that respect but I can see a time where they're a shell of what they once were much like Scientology has become.

Just my .02 do what you will with it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    From my understanding JW's have one of the highest if not the highest rate of turnover in Religion.
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    Hadriel, when the numbers go up it is Jah's holy spirit making it grow, when the numbers go down it's Jah's holy spirit clearing out the crap & refining the cong. They always got a bloody answer. They told to many porky pies & they are being caught out.
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel
    You are so right @Sabin.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Have you ever heard of the Shakers; the Amish; the Mennonites? Just a few examples of extinct religions that aren't extinct.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Bottom line the Tower has buckets of money and they're streamlining. They have staying power from that respect but I can see a time where they're a shell of what they once were much like Scientology has become.

This could be a sticky for the summation of the Borg.

There is a definite feel of, if not desperation, then urgency, in their cutbacks of Branches, Bethelites, Missionaries, Specials, older CO's, DO's, as well as the scraping of every congos' last nickel, insane Circuit Assembly expenses, right-sizing of KH's, video-begging, scrapping of recent releases, and 16-page bi-monthly rags.

The real numbers guys inside the Borg know what is happening, and it is not pretty.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yes they may not be extinct but I would love to see these numbers.

Shakers-Higest numbers for this group 6000, declined as of 2011, there were only three known

Shakers communities in America, several former communities have become museums.

Amish--Total population 300000

Mennonites--2 million world wide and dropping.

I see soon JW's numbers in the US dropping dramatically and that would be great.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    berrygerry: The real numbers guys inside the Borg know what is happening, and it is not pretty.

It's one thing for the world wide web to be a pain in the ass for the WTBTS. It's another thing for the Jehovah's Witnesses to cheapen and scale down God's name to the initials JW. Still another thing for truancy at meetings to be at 50% to 60%. And even worse is to see a continual rise of marital problems to the point of separation and divorce among their ranks! And far worse are the well deserved scandals of pedophilia and other forms of rank and file abuse!

So yes, clearly there are too numerous irreversible factors that are definitely causing a rapid decay among Jehovahs Witnesses!

May God bless this non-stop and chronic decline!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit