Only Jehovah's Witnesses

by Vanderhoven7 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Vanderhoven7, don't you just love them using the word SOON. If someone was told in the 1920s that they would see the end of all things SOON they would not have expected the system to still be rolling along nearly 100 years later.

Besides that famous ADV advertise the Kingdom talk focused on the Lord's Return of 1874. Something that the numerous reprints in later literature managed to hide by its careful use of .... abbreviating the original.

• DNCall
    DNCall

Your seasoned Witness quoted the Watchtower magazine not the Bible. Just because the Watchtower articles cited are peppered with Bible references doesn't mean that these references support the Witnesses' inbred interpretation. It is a case of going beyond what is written and dressing it up or camoflaging it with Bible references. He's turning to the Watchtower for support, not the Bible.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Poor Dubbie... Doesn’t he know that “types and anti-types” and the Revelation book have been scrapped??

DD 😂😂😂

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    “Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true religion. This is demonstrated by a slew of true teachings that only Jehovah could have revealed to His servants on earth.

I spose one can substitute any religion into the main idea and ideas here. EG:

“Scientologists are the only true religion. This is demonstrated by a slew of true teachings that only radioactive monsters from space could have revealed to their servants on earth.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@ Lost Great point; I'll use it.

@ DN True and I will point that out as well

Thanks Guys!

I added:

You mention the "Millions" book as if that is an indicator of God's leading. But that was published with the view that Armageddon would occur in 1925 and by 1926 JWs could call Abraham in Jerusalem to raise Grandma from the dead.

But here's the truth

"Millions now living will never wake up".... largely because they trust in men and can't distinguish between proper interpretation and improper, between exegesis and eisegesis, between biblical and extra-biblical.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

"Each of these events brought woe to Satan and his world. The release of the anointed in 1919 from the abyss of inactivity stung Christendom’s clergy and demonstrated Jehovah’s total rejection of her. From 1922 down to today, the huge cavalry has killed Christendom, spiritually speaking, exposing her dead condition and warning of her coming destruction."

Woe to Satan's world? How can they possibly prove this? Spiritually killed Christendom? How? They are so delusional.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit