Awake on taxes asleep on chronology.

by shotgun 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Please re-read the article "A Christian View of Dating".

RunningMan ....... LMAO

That was great.

***** Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If each post-Flood male parent at the age of 30 were to begin fathering children at the rate of one child every three years,

With people living hundreds of years, the uterus of a woman living back then must have made out of teflon or something.

***** Rub a Dub

• mustang
    mustang

"EYES OF DISCERNMENT"

4 easy payments of 29.95

As Seen on TV (tm)

Mustang

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    If each post-Flood male parent at the age of 30 were to begin fathering children at the rate of one child every three years, with an average of one male child every six years, and continued this until the age of 90,

Yes, I noticed that point, too.

Their mathematics are staggering. This means that every male fathered 30 children in his lifetime. Also implicit in their calculation is an equal number of females and zero mortality rate. That means that every female also had 30 children - a task much easier for a man than a woman.

If the Hebrews were really this prolific, then why is it that the ones recorded in the bible had so few children - Noah only had three kids, and he lived to be 950. Even Jacob, the patriarch of the nation only had 13, and that was by four different women.

Even at that, there would only be 4000 males on the entire planet at the time that the languages were confused. That's hardly enough to found even one nation, let alone many.

Wow, those old geezers in Brooklyn must have had only one thing on their minds.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    If the Hebrews were really this prolific, then why is it that the ones recorded in the bible had so few children - Noah only had three kids, and he lived to be 950. Even Jacob, the patriarch of the nation only had 13, and that was by four different women.

I'm guessing that spending 40 days and 40 nights on a boat will make one VERY horny.

That would explain a lot about sailors!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    That would explain a lot about sailors!

That might explain a few things about bethel, too.

• heathen
    heathen

elsewhere--- I thought they spent 1yr aboard the ark til they found dry land . That would definately increase the odds of " gettin it on".

• cypher50
    cypher50

Wow...I guess biblical family sitcoms would have names like "800 Is Enough!"...

• fdsjeffanthony
    fdsjeffanthony

JW chronology is mostly off kilter anyway. For a really great biblical chronology see Stephen Jones' studies in "Secrets of Time." You can get the PDF version from http://www.godskingdomministries.org/booklist.htm, scroll down 4 or 5 titles and click on "Secrets of Time" the Appendix has a part with a timeline in it, the HTML version doesn't do his studies justice but that part is found at http://www.godskingdomministries.org/Secrets/appendix%20d.htm . You really have to download the PDF copy and start reading from the beginning what he had to figure out to come up with some of these dates. Warning to non-liberal christians--- he uses an old scroll commonly known as the book of Jasher (mentioned twice in the bible) to get even out some of the difficulty in determining chronology.

Agape,

Jeff

• fdsjeffanthony
    fdsjeffanthony

I failed to comment on the 2300 BC dating. Jones would conclude that 2300 BC was PRIOR to the flood, when Babylon was still a very huge city!!! Anybody familiar with one of the most scholarly studies into ancient Babylon's history and motivation, "Two Babylons" (http://www.piney.com/HislopTOC1.html) will already know that Babylon was alive and well before the flood and simply rebuilt again later. Bab-el meaning "Gate to God" and now the Gate to God is nothing but confusion, how appropriately prophetic for our day. Anyone ever heard of types and shadows??? Well, I'm getting off topic, C-ya...

Agape,

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit