Awake on taxes asleep on chronology.

by shotgun 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• shotgun
    shotgun

If you have a copy of the December Awake magazine dealing with taxes note the first page of the article.

The WT uses two quotes to show taxes have been a concern for thousands of years.

The first quote is from a Babylonian artifact dated to 2300 bce. The problem that presents is that only 69 years previous the world had been destroyed by a global flood according to WT chronology.

Which means that in a mere 69 years Noah and his three sons have produced a nation with sufficient infrastructure to require taxation.

• logansrun
    logansrun

I love it! haha....those blundering morons.

B.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

LOL!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lol!

• detective
    detective

Now that's rich!

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Shotgun, "all you do is focus on the negative"

LOL!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

God blessed Noah's sons and their wives with *lots* of quintuplets, who also had lots of quintuplets, who also had lots of quintuplets. And there you have it. You can explain it all away quite easily.

CG

• link
    link

The math is all done for you in the Insight Book:

it-1 p. 460 Chronology ***

The date of the attempt at building the Tower of Babel is not stated in the record. Genesis 10:25 indicates that the division resulting from the confusion of the languages there occurred sometime during ‘the days of Peleg.’ It does not necessarily follow that this event occurred at Peleg’s birth. The expression "in his days" would in fact indicate that the division took place, not at or immediately subsequent to Peleg’s birth, but sometime during his life span, which extended from 2269 to 2030 B.C.E. If each post-Flood male parent at the age of 30 were to begin fathering children at the rate of one child every three years, with an average of one male child every six years, and continued this until the age of 90, then in a period of about 180 years from the end of the Flood (that is, by 2189 B.C.E.) the population could have grown to a total of over 4,000 adult males. This conservative number would be ample to fit the circumstances relating to the tower construction and the dispersal of the peoples

So you can see that in 2300 b.c.e. there were loads of people (well at least 1500) all sitting around writing proverbs such as "If I toil it is snatched away from me". That's how they spent their days - well that and making babies!

link

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Ah, but you are not reading the article with your eyes of discernment. What seems like a little error is just a red herring that Jehovah places in order to test our faith. Notice the article said:

a Babylonian artifact dated to 2300 bce

It did not say that the artifact was actually 4303 years old. It said it was "dated" to that age. The "dating" is actually performed by imperfect human scientists who do not make beneficial use of the bible's chronology. This is the same "dating" that they use to determine fossils to be millions of years old, when we all know that man has only walked the earth for 6000 years.

Please re-read the article "A Christian View of Dating".

• heathen
    heathen

runningman--- LMAO . Where do I get those eyes of descernment . You are right tho the WTBTS already dicredited the carbon dating and other means of dating that are used by scientists and were only giving the dates provided by them . Personally I think the people after the flood got down with the making babies thang . LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit