Pimo's walking out

by Foolednomore 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Is it possible that Jw's would get so worn out by Watchtower 's bullshit that they would stand up gather their stuff and walk out of a meeting or a convention. I can see a small number doing it.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Maybe, but PIMOs usually do not know who is and who is not "living a double life" as Watchtower calls it.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

11 years ago hubby was having serious doubts about Watchtower but I was still loyally trying to hang on to my faith. It was the Co's visit so I went to the meeting alone. This was his first visit so I didn't know what to expect but I was hoping to feel "upbuilt" and "encouraged"

Boy, was I wrong! This guy was a pompous a$$hole who was giving a long, drawn out experience about a little 13 yo girl in Africa whose parents and other villagers beat and tortured her because she was studying with JWs. His gory details literally made me sick.

Before he finished this disgusting story. I stood up, slowly grabbed my things, and walked out the door. 2 elders followed me out and asked me what was wrong. I simply replied, "THAT was NOT encouraging!!"

That was the LAST time I set foot in a Kingdom Hall. We all have different "Last Straws" but mine was the glorifying of child abuse from a direct representative from the Headquarters of the Borg.

Clearly, I'm not the only one who was at a gathering of Jws and heard SOMETHING they couldn't stomach and walked out.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

What did it for me was at a Sunday meeting the speaker was going on and on about how generous Jw's are, Yeah,right!?! He gave the example that when the plane crashed into the World Trade Center that the Watchtower HQ opened their lobby and provided assistance. I call Bullshit! They locked all their doors and hide under the bed. They where no where to be found. I was there all building where opened except them.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I want to add that when I returned home I told Hubby about walking out of the KH and why specifically I was so upset. This was not a case of "Persecution". Where were the ones who studied with her and in the congregation who knew this savage abuse was ongoing? Why didn't they intervene? Call the authorities? SOMETHING? ANYTHING????

Nada... Nothing... Just "trust in Jee Ho Va" who "makes a way out" Well, I made my way out of that toxic, abusive, organization. It was the best decision of my life! So happy to say we have become mostly EX EX JWs.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

3rdgen- Good for you! No one should put up with abuse of any kind.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FOOLEDNOMORE:

The answer is Yes, but it is something different for everybody.

Speaking of 9/11: I heard conflicting stories. The religion says they opened their doors. Other people (insiders) say No. I also heard they were told to stop looking out the window. There was also an awful rumor going around that a person/persons made cruel remarks about JWs who died in the collapse saying “that’s what they get for not being out in the ministry” or words to that effect..(Guess whoever didn’t know where money came from.)

With regard to PIMOs walking out suddenly: when I heard that 1995 teaching on Generation, I almost physically walked out. But, I got hold of myself as the reality was sinking in. There were a lot of things I felt were wrong with the religion. But this did it. I decided then and there my time in the Witness religion was Over and I planned my ‘Fade’..I felt they were insulting people’s intelligence and leading everybody on!

• pontoon
    pontoon

It was 2010 and I was forcing myself to go, about 10 min into watchtower study I said to myself I just can't do this anymore. Got up and walked out. Never been back.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

As debris was falling from the sky me and another person went to the Jw HQ for shelter. They would not even open the door. Not even for their own. This was the start of collection of red flags for me. My business partner who was with me was shocked by how Jw HQ treated their own members. We found the help we need in a near by hotel. To this day when I travel to New York. This business gets my business.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I left calculating a careful exit after I woke up. But had I not woken up by then, when they introduced "overlapping-generation" I would have said "What the f#$% is that?" and walked out the door.

That kind a of snap realization is rare.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit