Pimo's walking out

by Foolednomore 27 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

WC, 1) comparing jws to a baby elephant tied with a chain to a big post, the baby learned it could only go so far, and even when it became a large elephant it didn't realize it could pull the post up, and leave. Brainwashing?

2) If a jw had a non-jw husband, they were married to a "walking corpse."

3)"If Jesus saW a shiny penny and a dirty quarter, Jesus would pickup the shiny penny." Does that make sense? Jesus would not notice or pickup a dirty quarter, only a shiny penny. So is that what Jesus was looking for shiny people, or the ones looked like a dirty quarter?

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

It happened to me, I was sitting at a convention and I take serious notes what was stated made no sense at all. I ask the elders about this and the usual can response, " Wait on Geehovah " " you don't want to run ahead of the Org!" I started to see patterns of inconsistencies in things that came from the Org. And your not allowed to question it.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    " Wait on Geehovah ", " you don't want to run ahead of the Org!"

They are called thought-stopping cliche's

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Sea Breeze, that terminology you used is very informative. I wish I had thought of it that way when I was a baptized JW, and especially prior to being baptized. The JW people telling me thought-stopping cliche's were in effect trying to get me to stop thinking about the matters, even if they didn't realize that is what they were doing. In turn they learned those expressions, and the idea that one should use such, from reading the WT's literature. That is one more insidious way the WT manipulated me! Drats! If JW people hadn't spoken that way to me (though it probably happened only a few times) and if the WTS literature hadn't instructed people that way (something they did more often) I probably would have thought about the matters more and possibly left sooner or never got baptized as a JW.

Folks, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought-terminating_clich%C3%A9 for more information. One example it gives is "Stop thinking so much." The people saying such might mean well, but in some situations it would be beneficial to think more about what one was thinking about at the time. But ending a certain line of thought is not always a bad thing to do, it depends on the reason for doing so.

I wish that some make a list of the statements in WTS literature which are used by the WTS to manipulate people, including examples of use of thought-stopping cliche's. Listing numerous instances of such would help me and others to see not just the types used but also the frequency of the usage.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

To draw a comparison to the business world ( I worked for an insurance company at one point in my life) a loss of retention occurs over time. People become dissatisfied, because of a price increase or bad customer experience for instance, but they don’t leave immediately. They start to drop out gradually over a period of time (6 months to a year in that industry).

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Generally field service on Saturdays publishers met with their book studies. When the CO came everyone met at the Hall. Then after the meeting for service he told everyone to find their book study conductors and be assigned to a group. The point of everyone meeting at the Kingdom hall is to have a bigger group to work with and not work with the same ones we always did. The COs just got lazy and didn't want to do the work of making car groups for a whole congregation.

I didn't meet with the book study conductor and just left. People saw me there so I could say I was out in service. Afterall, that is all that matters.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

I wish that some make a list of the statements in WTS literature which are used by the WTS to manipulate people

- Beware of independent thinking.

RB

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

It wasn't a meeting but I got called to the back room a few times for wearing top hats and bolo ties and wearing a handlebar mustache. I got into a heated argument with them once (not proud of my demeanor in that instance) and I picked up my Bible and walked out. This was after being reinstated and them telling me not to be alone with the younger brothers my age because I could discourage them. Appearance was the big concern with my elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit