April 2018 Broadcast - normal weird stuff

by Listener 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

We hear a story regarding the life of Thomas and Emma. She states that "when Thomas and I first learnt that I was pregnant, we were both really shocked" She doesn't explain why they were both really shocked but it seems an odd reaction unless they were using the safest contraception invented or hadn't been told about the bird and the bees.

Two experiences that touched the heart of GB Sanderson were as follows -

In Russia a JW was jailed for 6 months, the jailers did everything to try to undermine his faith, which included violence. During a routine investigation the interrogator said he would tell him what his organization was doing and he could determine himself whether it was God's organization or not. He proceeded to tell him how many had just attended two, eight day assemblies in New York. He strewed photos before him and in one of them the JW saw happy delegates, another showed Bro. Knorr giving a talk and another showed the baptism. Well the JW felt that he had attended the convention without ever having to leave the prison. It was just what he needed to endure further and God had blessed him in a special way.

The odd thing about this is why would the inerrogator think that showing him these photos would some how sway him against his Bro's.?

The next experience was also in Russia, in 1960. A large publicized trial of JWs was taking place and as evidence the prosecution showed a letter written by Bro. Knorr. This letter had been intercepted by the KGB before it had reached the Russian JWs. It was read, from start to end, aloud and the JWs in the Courtroom (he actually said Hall) felt it was a wonderful gift from Jehovah. The JWs felt like they had attended a convention.

Again, as with the first experience, what else was being said so that a letter like this would be used as evidence against the Russian JWs?

It's strange that he would bring up experiences from so long ago, he wasn't even born then. But if he's planting seeds then he's suggesting that there are other ways of feeling you've attended a convention without physically doing so.

The usual fluffy song was a romantic love song, it showed a couple growing older together through the years and included a product placement advertisement of Coca Cola. It's odd that they would use a product that is so iconically recognized.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Very interesting Listener. Thank you for the update. As we know things go better with a Coke. Lol. Still Totally ADD

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    The odd thing about this is why would the inerrogator think that showing him these photos would some how sway him against his Bro's.?

I call Bullshit - its made up.
    As an Elder who gave many District Assembly talks and was behind the scenes a lot. Twisting facts and making things up is not beyond the WT. I saw it happen many times.

• hoser
    hoser

It’s always some Russian brother in prison, some African crossing a snake infested river or someone in Malawi that had their house taken from them . Mostly embellished bullshit to further the governing body’s agenda.

So what’s wrong with you that you can’t make it to the mid week meeting after you’ve worked 12 hours? You’re materialistic and greedy. Come to the meetings and give us your money.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    It’s always some Russian brother in prison, some African crossing a snake infested river or someone in Malawi that had their house taken from them . Mostly embellished bullshit to further the governing body’s agenda.

So true. And all to make you feel bad about a minimum wage job and eeking out a living. Be greatful and give more!

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

So the GB are saying

• Go to assemblies so your faith won't be shaken
    • If you can't physically be there, watch the videos - it's just like being there.
    • If others (like family) are trying to wake you up from being a witness - it's persecution and you can withstand it by watching the videos.
    • Don't let us down! Don't listen to anyone that is trying to tell you that the conduct of a few bad apples, represents the religion!
  • The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

"I'd like to teach the world to sing, some cultish Kingdom songs..................................."

Altogether now.....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VM2eLhvsSM

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Fall Guy...so cool. I could see that being done at Bethhell.

• millie210
    millie210

Arent/Werent some of the top brass at Coke JWs?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

included a product placement advertisement of Coca Cola. It's odd that they would use a product that is so iconically recognized.

it wouldn`t surprise me one bit if they were now being paid by Coca Cola for slipping that product endorsement in their video.

Maybe we will see more of this subtle form of advertising in their videos from now on.

After all they are guaranteed millions of viewers will watch that video.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit