So you think I'm a hypocrite?

by dothemath 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dothemath
    dothemath

........Reply to Joker 10

.......I just noticed your post........can't say I blame you for thinking that. I mentioned I'm currently an elder and don't plan on leaving the organization...........but I probably won't be an elder much longer......as I'm not exactly the "ball of fire" they want. There are already numerous topics I would have to not accept as assignments, as I don't agree with the "current" teaching.

I also find many paragraphs I couldn't (in good conscience) comment on for the same reason........

Many of the watchtower discussions I enjoy the most are found right here on this website.......(good research, Blondie)

I also no longer contribute to the world-wide work.........I feel more Christian donating to other causes, which seem to provide more tangible results for people.......

Without going into too much detail.........I do try to include relevant history of what Jehovah's Witnesses used to believe........on the platform and elsewhere.........just so people remember we haven't been perfect and don't know everything.

It's frustrating to see the attitude of those in charge.......so ready to criticize other beliefs and religions, and yet so unwilling to accept valid criticism themselves.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

You don't sound like a hypocrite to me; you're growing and changing as you learn more about "the truth". That you are donating to real charities is a good thing. Just keep progressing at your own pace, and don't let anyone hold you up to what they claim are their standards. Hang in there - when it's time to move, one way or another, you'll know.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

dothemath -

I've read your previous posts and I do not believe you are a hypocrite. I don't know how long you read on this site before actually posting, but in case you are not aware, there are some in here who are also active jw's, but they come in to stir things up a bit rather than seek honest answers, as you do. I'm not pointing any fingers here, I just wanted to let you know that if someone gives you a hard time, just remember that not everyone in here is on the same page.

I know you've said that you've no intentions of leaving the borg, and I think that has to be your choice. My thoughts on this are that there may come a time when it won't be your choice - unless you want to completely "repent". If that time comes and you need support, you can find it here - most people are quite welcoming and willing to reach out to help.

In the meantime, welcome to the board! It's nice to have you here!

:-)

growedup

• Brummie
    Brummie

For what its worth, I think hypocrisy is greatly underated :)

Brummie

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

DM, ignore those who down play your view or stance. Their complaining about the org, trying to control you, yet, they try to those 'impose' their personal views on YOU. Who's calling the kettle black?

I'm very independent, and if you believe what you believe and your content, SO BE IT! Don't let others think for you, THINK FOR YOURSELF. When YOUR 'spirit' moves you, move with it.

Yes, stay and share your observations with us and welcome to the forum.

Guest 77

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Don't let others think for you, THINK FOR YOURSELF.

But Dothemath doesn't just think for himself - he's regularly speaking for 'jehovah' - to those who are under threat if they don't swallow it.

Dothemath can well believe what he likes and thinks as he pleases - but jwism calls for mandatory infiltration of whoever is vulnerable - making it rather different from being simply a personal matter.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Dothemath stands in front of whole congregations of JW's and represents the organisation. He knows they've lied and allowed things like child abuse to continue... He continues to help that organisation mislead the JW masses.

He is a hypocrite and IMO should decide one way or the other to WHOM he belongs.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

dothemath,

perhaps you could follow this example:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/20680/1.ashx

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Hi Dothemath, welcome to the board.

I think you'll find that, as time goes on, it's going to become more and more frustrating to be constantly confronted by the Society's errors, evasions, fuzzy thinking and outright lies. It's a cumulative effect. Each week it will happen, week in and week out, and in order to preserve your position (either as an elder or just as a regular publisher), you will have to swallow the frustration of having to stay silent in order not to rock the boat. From personal experience, it builds up in the stomach, a ball of repressed acid. At some point, I think you will have to decide to leave.

However, until that point is reached, do what you feel is best for you. There is no wrong way to exit a cult, and no maximum time span for doing so. If you wish to continue trying to present a balanced view of the WT's history, go for it for as long as you can stomach it, or as long as you are not put into an impossible position (this will also happen, sooner or later).

In the meantime, please carry on posting here and giving us updates from within the ranks.

Expatbrit

• Dansk
    Dansk

dothemath,

You said you don't plan on leaving the organization. This is why some here can't take you seriously. If you have family in the Borg it is understandable that you might be cagey about leaving. If you haven't, well, you've said yourself you've observed and continue to observe the injustices.

Many people are pained here and that's why some are giving you flak. It takes guts to leave the Watchtower - but sometimes having the guts takes time. You appear to me to be gradually nearing the point of leaving, though as yet you may not feel you are. To put it bluntly, would you willingly associate with liars, cheats, hypocrites and protectors of child molesters? THAT's the stark reality you must face.

I wish you well, but please don't think your staying will somehow put you in a position of being able to change the society. It won't! The best example and hope you can give to others is to show it with your feet. Walk right out of there and don't ever go back!

Best wishes,

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit