CSA VICTIM SPEAKS OUT.

by LostintheFog1999 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

I happened to come across this video at the beginning of the week. You feel so sorry for this poor woman who experienced CSA and then the hardheartedness of the elders (what's new there) when she needed genuine love and help.

https://fb.watch/j1QAcGXPHi/

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

You feel so sorry for this poor woman who experienced CSA and then the hardheartedness of the elders (what's new there)

Hardheartedness of the elders. You really can"t expect much. It's like trying to talk and reason with a fence post. Or a brick.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

J.V. shared

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES

WA State House committee held a hearing on WA SB 5280 re: Clergy mandated reporting.

3 EX JW Heroes shared testimony about the jehovah’s witnesses cult’s horrendous child sexual abuse.

I couldn’t be more happy.

https://youtu.be/mKBmGYfFfDY

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The flaw in legislation is the equating the Catholic "sacrament" of "confession" with "shepherding" conversations. The Bishop himself differentiates the two. He reported abuse that he became aware of it in "shepherding" context. He knows he is a mandatory reporter in that setting. The WT is falsely equating their shepherding discussions with a church sacrament. The sacrament tradition of the Catholic church is itself morally indefensible but that is a separate issue. It seems this was recognized by the one panelist, confession needs to be defined very narrowly. All communication with victims and families are not a "confession".

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    3 EX JW Heroes shared testimony about the jehovah’s witnesses cult’s horrendous child sexual abuse.

exJW testimony at:

7:33

43:33

52:00

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Seldom do we hear the question: WHY HAS WATCHTOWER FOUGHT WITH SUCH VIGOR TO SHIELD perpetrators of CSA?

I could state the obvious but the PA investigation seems to be answering the question. Child abusers often share illegal material, abuse horror stories and even the victims themselves (like trading cards). WTC fears where disclosure could lead. Their own records indicate that the sharing networks exist, and they know that pulling on one thread could expose that loose network that virtually extends to many states - and beyond.

Exposing this network(s) will also lead to uncovering many who are involved in ritualistic abuse. WTC has dealt with many elders/ms's over the decades who practiced such rituals when abusing children. Accounts from victims have many similarities, otherwise a single account might be considered fabricated. Some responsible men at Bethel confirm. They have said that they are aware of the problem. That is where the convesation ends.

Having dealt with a similar problem, I can say that the Bethel was less than enthusiastic to pursue it. At first it was perplexing, but it made me start asking more questions about the degree of the problem. The answers were shocking - even to me.

Disclosure scares WTC because whereas many JWs are indifferent to CSA, they are not forgiving of spiritistic rituals and those who engage in them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They’re not “indifferent”.

They simply cannot imagine it could be such a widespread, institutionalized, and endemic problem in “God’s Exclusive Earthly Organization”…

…but more importantly…

…the WT leadership knows that the more the Org’s CSA problem is exposed, litigated against, and confirmed by internal documents, which become a matter of Public Record (especially if such records name actual Governing Body members)…

…that all-important premise becomes almost impossible to maintain.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Has this legislation moved forward? The bishop spoke persuasively but I felt covered in slime having heard him. The three ex dubs spoke clearly and logically. I hope they win out.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

This stuff moves slowly through the system. It almost has to be reworded. Imo.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Vidiot - my own family members were indifferent. I tried to put it into context with some pointed questions, but they simply don't have the compassion necessary to feel the pain that would be expected by learning the children have been molested. Other JW's I have talked to also seemed disinterested in the plight of victimized children. Many seemed to think that the children should pray more and get over it.

I am sure that some find it terribly disturbing, but they quickly leave the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit