CSA VICTIM SPEAKS OUT.

by LostintheFog1999 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THOMAS MORE:

Yes, I have seen that Witnesses in general are indifferent and unsympathetic when you describe some bad treatment or injustice you experienced there.

I can only imagine how painful it would be for somebody who experienced CSA to have their experience disbelieved or being told to ‘pray more and get over it’!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Hm.

Maybe less “indifferent” than a state of denial?

Passive denial could definitely look a lot like indifference.

I could be wrong.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It is weird that “conventional” fornication, adultery, and homosexuality all seem to engender a much higher level of freakout amongst JW loyalists.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""Pray more and get over it"". Sounds about right. Like that ""praying"" is the grand end all or fix all. Cop - out.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

A MS in our former cong raped the 12 yr old daughter of a friend. She was terrified and did not scream while he raped and threatened to kill her and her family. He was DF'd and she was reproved because she did not scream.

My family never offered a word of consolation to her or her family. She left recently when she turned 17. She just said "no more".

The cong knew what happened but no one cared. It was never reported. He is not reinstated but does not care. Who knows what else he is doing? The statute ran out so there is no recourse. JW's don't seem bothered at all. She did not scream.

I don't know what to call that other than callous indifference. Should I go on with more accounts or are you thoroughly disgusted by now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit