The Watchtower—Study Edition | May 2023

by RULES & REGULATIONS 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Watchtower literature is full of ''loaded language''.

Used to indoctrinate, what about the countless lives lost to a deadly blood policy, suicide from being df'd/shunned and young lives upended by a stone-aged two witness rule when it comes to child abuse.

WT literature is very slanted when it comes to prayer/ worship and leaving things out or quoting things out of context. Scripted too.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

May 1945: Gusen Concentration Camp. Martin Poetzinger (seated front row, second from left) poses with 23 other survivors shortly after their release.

FROM FINDAGRAVE.COM:

Martin Poetzinger, a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, finished his earthly course in the evening of Thursday, June 16, 1988,at Brooklyn Bethel.

He was born on July 25, 1904, in Munich, Germany. He was baptized on October 2, 1928 in symbol of his dedication to Jehovah God. He then entered the full time evangelizing work on October 1, 1930. He enjoyed various assignments in Bulgaria, Hungary, and Yugoslavia. Shortly after his marriage in 1936 to his wife Gertrud, they were arrested by the Nazi goverment and sent to concentration camps for nine years. After cruel imprisonment, he and his wife were reunited in 1945. Shortly after this, Martin began serving as a travelling overseer, visiting congregations and offering encouragement to the Witnesses in Germany. Martin attended and graduated from the Watchtower Bible School of Gilead in 1958, and in September 1977, he was appointed to serve on the Governing Body at world headquarters in Brooklyn, New York.

Atlantis: Most experiences are false, exaggerated and a little twitching to make them more encouraging to all Jehovah's Witness members.

I did a little research. A brother Martin Poetzinger really did exist. I think they added in paragraph 7, “Jehovah, thank you for my new assignment. Help me to strengthen and encourage my brothers.” No one would ever say that while undergoing cruel imprisonment in a Nazi concentration camp!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Poetzinger was at Brooklyn in the 70’s. I met him once, he was actually standing on the sidewalk close to the Bossert holding the magazine in street work. Hard to believe nowadays, but true. My dad recognized him and stopped to introduce himself.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Very good! Thank you for the update and photo.

Atlantis!

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Help me to strengthen and encourage my brothers.”No one would ever say that while undergoing cruel imprisonment in a Nazi concentration camp!

Obviously, it would be difficult to verify if he exactly said those words. But don't you think that this group of 23 JW's who survived the horrors of the Dachau Nazi Concentration camp would have encouraged one another while there? or uplifted or helped each other while undergoing the punishment? These are old timer JW's who were staunch believers of their faith.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If you have to go ro this meeting.....🙄

• blondie
    blondie

Some years ago, Martin Poetzinger gave the main talk at the Sunday afternoon district convention. I was able to talk to them because of my good use of the German language (I am German) and that I was born and grew up in the area of Dachau, after WW2 by some years. He and his wife were so different from GB today, from a different era. Yes, both of their camps were very bad; I researched this for a class assignment, and I learned a lot. A private conversation lends itself to more comments than those in the WT publications. The head rabbi of the local synagogue (who also had been in a camp and survived) joined the conversation and I just listened. As the WTS has traveled down into the pit of mediocrity, carefully crafted lies, and hiding what they are, it is hard to believe people like this existed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit