How frequent is this among Jehovah's Witnesses

by vienne 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

It is a problem of elderly ones getting older and who’s responsible for taking care of them?

some adult children think they don’t need to and the congregation should for them. Most congregations do the best they can, we have a good system in our congregation with rotas where we all take it in turns calling round helping faithful older ones.

especially if they have been in the heart of congregation for many years.

It’s very hard to get it fair for everyone. There are problems of some getting more help than others. And some getting neglected.

has anyone got any suggestions how to have a system that is fair all round?

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Absolutely, the WTBS is the most uncharitable institution and certainly religion I have ever seen. Think about it, there are absolutely no support networks of any kind for anything. No soup kitchens, no canned food drives, no meals on wheels, no pensions for the Bethel crowd that I'm aware of, etc. It is without a doubt the coldest religion I have ever seen. Works of charity are not a part of the culture. My kids had to do community service hours to graduate from high school for goodness sake. They pay lip service to it occasionally, but the fact of the matter is that it is not and never was in any way a priority. Hammer doors and place magazines, which was the be all and end all. I remember saying to my parents, if a guy is laying in the street and hasn't eaten in 3 days, don't you think he might benefit more from a sandwich than a magazine at that point? Nope, spiritual food I was told would do him more good. My parents were actually decent people but that's what they were told from the platform.

It's no shock then that the adherents of the faith reflect that. Attitude reflects leadership. Most of my family is still in the Borg and I personally know of more than a few parents rotting away in facilities because to take care of them at home would cut into the preaching work.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Universally true. Old horses get shot. No work? No attention. The few visits are after doorto door, not during. Then talk only of the " hope".

Along with things willed to WT, a few greedy elders will try to get money or things beforehand. I know 3 instances where the " flock" bought things at 5 cents on the dollar, mostly the elders family choosing first.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIENNE:

So, you have seen from the responses on here that it is common. Behavior towards elderly JWs can range from just plain neglect and ignoring them to out and out exploitation and fraud. Some ‘brotherhood’!

You probably know that the Witness religion has NO social programs whatsoever to help anybody. So, there is no ‘department’ for caring for the elderly, etc. What ends up happening is that the elders privately ‘corner’ individual people with an envelope asking for money!.. Doesn’t matter to them that said person was criticized for having a full-time job!.. I could go on…

What EXBETHELITENOWPIMA said above is a common fallacy and delusional thinking.

The JW religion is full of fallacies and urban legends. NO JW has any business believing that somebody else in the congregation is responsible for caring for their elderly parent(s).. (Looking in on somebody to say ‘hello’ is one thing: ‘caring’ for them is something else!)… Even if it is an unpleasant task, everybody has the responsibility to at least see their OWN parent(s) situated. It does not become some strangers’ (who have their own obligations) responsibility.

Yes, it’s a chaotic mess.

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

What you are now observing is the unmasked reality of the majority of Jehovah's Witnesses 'secret person of the heart'.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

a few greedy elders will try to get money or things beforehand.

The same elder that made the suit comment to me was named executor of an elderly JW woman. When she died he accessed her home before any inventory of the estate could be made and carted off a whole trunk-load of valuable collectibles that were never seen again, and then he even bragged about it!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUP JW:

What an awful story! This is the end result of being lonely and/or putting trust in strangers that are not looking out for your interest!

Makes me Glad that I’m out a long time. I would NEVER want any of these people around me - I would be afraid of their predatory nature.👎 And especially now with the desperation in congregations with all the ‘needy’ JWs who never prepared for their senior years.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

LHG,,thats because the Borg IS,,in fact its worst enemy.

And the followers are its victims.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

ExJW PANDA Tower , just uploaded a video.

In light of the developments in Norway and now New Zealand they seem to be really upping the pandering for money concerning wills and estates.

The Borg seems to be getting meaner and more desperate with these developments

They might just induce mandatory tithing ,,,as the Borg may face its demise.

• vienne
    vienne

I hope the watchtower reads this. I hope they see how negligent and self-centered their elders are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit