Coming out of the Woodwork

by Solzhenitsyn 13 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

As has been said many times before , the only power they have over you is the power you let them have .

You are the power of your own destiny not them

You have control over the rest of your life not them

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Its difficult, isnt it? Some say you dont owe people anything, and thats fine, but you kinda do. At least, you owe politeness and decency if they are family or longstanding friends. Its really difficult to totally ignore these ones.

I think the idea of truth_b_known of serendipidous work shifts is an excellent idea! Or, feigning illness is another option, depression/anxiety that sort of thing. Ive noticed when people are really down others often avoid them, so you could try that.

Hang in there. It will pass.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Everyone's relationships and friendships are different. You might have some really mature, intelligent people in you family and friend circle. It's got to be possible even among JWs right?

Only you can know the right way to handle them. Look at the advice and experience of others here then make up your own mind what to do.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Don’t reply and it will stop.

If they confront you with a question face to face answer “There is no need to answer that question, have a nice day”.

When they asked me “How are you”, I responded “Better then ever”. (Nice to see the reaction)

Keep it superficial, they can’t make you anything.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit