"Hard work never killed anyone," or "I have to give up knitting."

by compound complex 37 Replies latest social humour

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Any comments you have on this subject would be appreciated. I don't understand everything medical I read. Additionally, I wonder how to avoid future flare ups. After three days, the pain has totally dissipated. During those three days, I had only minimal use of my entire right arm.

I'm sorry that you're going through that. Have you consulted a doctor? I do suffer from problems in my right arms for using the computer mouse since 1985. What helps me are massages. Once a month I get a massage (it was the doctor's recommendation). It does wonders.

About aging, oh well. Not a lot more we can do. That feeling of sadness to see our bodies slowly getting tired and sick is not a great feeling, and is what may JWs use to sell their paradise on Earth crap. To me it just is what it is.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Xanthippe you might know this. Omega 6 which is found in great quantities in most of all are process foods and even commercially raised meat and fish causes obesity and inflammation. It is omega 3 we need more than omega 6. Both needed but omega 3 is the good one. Still Totally ADD

That's really interesting because I've been aware of the link between too much protein and arthritis for some time but I didn't know that the specific thing in meat and fish that causes inflammation is called omega 6. I mainly eat fish now and predominantly oily fish which contains omega 3. Thanks for the information, I'm going to read up on that.

Interestingly Professor Alice Roberts who is an anatomist and palaeopathologist and knows a thing or two about bones describes herself as a pescatarian, she only eats fish and not meat. You may have seen her TV documentaries.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sorry, CoCo, to hear about your pains and having to keep working to pay the bills.

I'll never forget how my Mom would occasionally catch herself after describing her latest list of age-related ailments. She'd say, "Well, I guess you've heard enough of my organ recital for now."

Not trying to minimize your suffering, but a little humor can sometimes help keep things in perspective.

Best regards.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

You are welcome Xanthippe. I have been reading a excellent book by Michael Pollan called "In Defense Of Food". I found to be a eye opener for me. My wife who is a herbalist found this book very useful. The one point I like in his book was ( eat only food your great, great grandmother can recognize). Love your weeds. Still Totally ADD

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks for all the wonderful and helpful comments.

Pre-1975, when we labored for the Lord (not JW-speak, I realize), we had no concept of our ever experiencing the attendant aches and pains of old age. Sure, Grandma and Grandpa had their share, but we would be young forever . . .

NOT!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Chronic pain really can wear you out I have osteoarthritis in both knees and knee replacement looms in the future and i just don't really want to do it. It only hurts when I walk.

As you get older everything seems to act up and it would be great if something really really worked definitively and fast but i haven't found it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Nancy, for your post.

I'm sorry about your experiencing such pain (only when you walk!). Replacement surgery may help, but there are risks, which I don't need to go into. Suffice it to say, there are no guarantees.

Wishing you a relatively pain-free day!

Love,

CoCo

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I know this isn't really a funny situation, but laughter sometimes helps.

Some years ago I lost the ability to have a " normal erection" , I`m still waiting for that to remedy itself .

Grandpa and Little Johnny were out in the yard one day and grandpa wanted to keep Johnny occupied. So spotting a worm on the ground he told Johnny he would give him a $10.00 bill if he could stick the worm back in the hole in the ground. Try as he may Little Johnny just couldn't get the worm back in the hole. Suddenly his eyes lit up, and into the house he ran. Shortly he came out carrying grandma's can of hair spray. He sprayed the worm with it, held it for a few minutes until the hairspray had stiffened, and into the hole he sticks the worm. True to his word grandpa gave Johnny a crisp, new $10.00 bill

The next morning at the breakfast table grandpa hands Little Johnny another crisp, new $10.00 bill. Johnny says, "Grandpa, you already gave me $10.00." Grandpa just smiled and winked at little Johnny and replied, "That $10.00 is from grandma!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit