"Hard work never killed anyone," or "I have to give up knitting."

by compound complex 37 Replies latest social humour

• St George of England
    St George of England

RSI is a problem in all sorts of industries.

Take a look at Keith Richards fingers!

George

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

What can I say?

I've just finished giving my bathtub a thorough scrubbing, and am thinking about a spot of tea.

The younguns are all grown and gone now - literally and figuratively.

I find early morn a good time to commune with the Spirit.

Love you, CoCo.

But, of course you know that.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Love you, too, dearest snowbird!

Funnily enough (it's not really funny), I just finished scrubbing the grout in my tub. Its grunge came to my attention.

See you later. Off to bed, at 1:46 a.m.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sylvia

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Actually people die every day from hard work.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics' National Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries shows that there were a total of 4,609 fatal injuries on the job....

• waton
    waton

Dorcas of course was good with the needles, and even though it did not prevent her death, it merited her a resurrection, a reward in line with Jesus' mentioned to bring benefit, humanitarian activity.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Getting old is not for sissies, but it does beat any other alternative.

Be well!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, ttdtt, waton, and DesirousOfChange, for great comments.

1) Yes, workers have died while engaged in the activity of hard work. Old sayings certainly are not applicable in every case.

2) I hope I am remembered especially for my ability to detail a house while in the process of cleaning it. Mom and I cleaned houses together in the '50s and I still do it, yet with less alacrity. Will I return in the resurrection with a mop bucket and cleaning cloth in hand?!?!?!?

3) No, not for sissies! Not ready, by any means, for the alternative!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Xanthippe, I had what they called "growing pains" as a child. I remember waking up at night as a small child with screaming, aching pain in my arms and legs. The doctors couldn't figure it out. Usually acetaminophen (paracetamol) worked. But it never went away completely once I grew up like they predicted, and I still hurt that way sometimes. Too often, actually.

Tell me about B6. That sounds interesting, inexpensive, and hopeful.

Coco, glad your bursa is better. Sorry you had to take a bursa break, but I'm glad you're back in working order! Maybe you could try knitting now?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, GrreatTeacher, for the healing words!

I didn't realize "growing pains" were literal, having taken the expression to be figurative. I've always been a metaphoric kind of guy . . .

It was good to be out in the garden earlier today, "tooling around."

Best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit