FDS 1919 Declaration Date

by NotFormer 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Great post Phizzy.👍👍

For anyone that hasn't read C O Jonson's letters beginning 1977/78 mentioned above, you can read/download them along with other letters here

https://avoidjw.org/letters/

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

The way they always spun momentous prophesies and symbols of arguably global import into ridiculously mundane events in their own little circle never ceased to amaze me. For example, isn't there one where the prophecy is supposed to be fulfilled by the holding of a convention one year?? I wouldn't be surprised to see the sun and the moon being struck as having its fulfilment on that momentous day when da Judge had lemon meringue pie instead of apple pie for dessert. 🙄 It makes about the same amount of sense.

• blondie
    blondie

This is so complicated, the original "scriptural" reason has been adjusted at least once. It is no longer used by the WTS to make application of these scriptures. The WTS also has not mentioned a 7,000 year "creative day" that it used to establish 1975 as the end of 6,000 years of the 7th Creation Day, which then left 1,000 years within the creative day of the Reign of Christ over the paradise on earth (after Armageddon). The WTS lets old doctrine just disappear in its publications (no longer published). In newer versions of publications still accessible on the Watchtower Online Library (WOL) has been edited to put in "thousands of years" instead of 7,000 years (stopped being used in 1987.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

PhiZzy;

Thats whats so alarming & puzzling, disturbing about the Borg stubbornly adhering to the 607BCE --1914 AD dilemma.

They knew it was wrong!

And they admitted it. I even read that in Crisis of Conscience. Fred Franz knew 607 was a dud,, he admitted it and wanted to ""stick with tradition"

Thats the reason Carl Olaf Jonson & Raymond Franz booted. Well more so for Carl,, Ray was found eating with Gregerson.

But anyway the Borg was aware 607 was a dud,,,& independent research would crumble the Borg!!

If 607bce and 1914 were in fact,,proven to be false.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

607 BCE, and therefore 1914 etc. HAVE been thoroughly proven to be totally false ! and by several strands of evidence !

Not least the Babylonian Clay Tablets that give an undeniable timeline based upon Astronomical Observations at the time they occurred, all, for other reasons than our interest, confirmed by NASA.

The House of Cards that consist of the J.W. Org's outrageous Claims and teachings fell down a long time ago.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

I have never thought of this before, an excellent question!! Thanks for the info … I also shake my head when I think about the indoctrination 🤣🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Jesus wandering around, looking for the practicioners of the true religion, makes me think of Diogenes. Was da Judge "having a lend"?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes. It was more important for the borg to ""stick with tradition"".

What happened when Carl Olaf Jonson did his research,,,could have collapsed the Borg.

Ultimately his disfellowshipping.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I don't know who out there has,,or can post today's text. Wednesday,December 13th,2023 days text.

I hear and saw it over on Reddit. It seems really cringe & cult worthy.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Beth Sarim, what does it say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit