Hello

by Jules Saturn 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

Hello, I've been lurking for quite some time here on this forum, reading a whole lot and I've finally made the courage to create an account as a form of escape and in hopes to be understood and not feel "mentally diseased". Little background on me, I am a born in but I consider myself a PIMO (physically in mentally out). I feel like I've always had doubts but these doubts would sink with the meetings and the assemblies and every other little thing that drowns any doubts a Witness may have. It wasn't until the fall of 2016, in a couple of months a year from now, that I officially had woken up. And it hit me hard, wave after wave of learning about things I never knew about. In this entire past year I've been reading as much as I can on everything, from the whole 587 vs 607 date for Jerusalem's destruction, the Australian Royal Commission, the Armageddon predictions, things I never ever knew or heard about. And it's definitely a tough situation and I would definitely appreciate any support being that I genuinely feel like people I speak to, such as family, don't understand and speak to me as if I have a problem, as if I am mentally diseased. Thank you very much.

~Jules

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi Jules welcome to the forum. It's tough I know reading all this new information but take your time and above all don't talk to JW family about it yet. I know it's a lot to take in but you will survive and you have a great future ahead of you. Come here and talk about all of your thoughts and the great people here will do their best to help.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Welcome

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome jules you can speak your mind here wth no fear of repurcussions .I like to point out to newbies such as yourself about the search option at the top right-hand of the screen.

Type in your question and their is a wealth of info that comes up going back about 16 years .

And their is no revision of history on here.

And you my friend are not the one who is mentally diseased.

I look forward to more posts from you.

Take care.

• Searching
    Searching

Welcome!

I know for a fact that the moment I started learning things, it hit me like a train. Especially considering the fact that there was not only scriptural evidence to back up statements, but statements from the WTS own publications (I had previously told myself that if what I saw was just peoples opinions w/o evidence then ofc that meant the whole deranged apostate thing must be true)

And it is very hard, when you are someone who has woken up, but not been really able to talk to other people, especially family and friends - about this kind of thing. I know I want nothing more then to speak to my mother about the subject (once more, since I kinda messed up the first attempt) because there IS so much and often it does feel a little bit overwhelming, the staggering about of information. It makes you shocked doesn't it? How much we just didn't know.

But I will say that you're very much welcome here on the forums, there is a lot of good information here. You are not alone in this, and you are not mentally diseased, deranged, or a heathen hell-bound to drag everyone to the lap of Satan.

We are all at very different stages of waking up, I'm fairly new to it myself, so we're all learning how to live outside of the Organization together, one step at a time.

• freddo
    freddo

Welcome Jules!

If you feel comfortable can you say what country you are in? I'm from the U.K.

It's not easy "waking up" - especially when family are in and prepared to throw you under the lorry to "help you"!

Express yourself on here before you express yourself to JW's.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Hi Jules, welcome to the forum. I hope you find help and encouragement here from other contributors. I've sent you a P.M. with some things which have reinforced my decisions and resolve.

Best wishes.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Well done for being so brace, never forget you are in the right.... the brainwashed crowd you are swimming out of are in the wrong. They are forbidden to even ask questions, admit their doubts... that's unnatural and dishonest. Truth never needs protecting, it will protect itself. It's good to hear you are likewise now protecting your mind, heart and future! ❤️

• Carol1111
    Carol1111

I have never been a JW and am surprised by the lack of compassion you say they show to the mentally diseased. People who are schizophrenic or paranoid etc. are mentally diseased, but suffer so terribly that they often commit suicide.

You might like to point this out to them.

I am not criticising anyone on here.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit