• jaydee
    jaydee

T H E BROADCASTER
    Published weekly at 257 Sixth Street,
    Oakland, Cal., U. S. A., by
    V. R. MOLIN , Publisher
    Yearly Subscription, 75c. Per copy, 2c.
    Contributors:'
    Judge J. F. Rutherford ...Pres. I. B. S. A.
    C. J. Woodworth. . Editor Golden Age
    J. H . Hemery. . . British Correspondent
    C. C. Binkele . . European Correspond

http://wtarchive.svhelden.info/archive/en/broadcaster/1924_1925_the_broadcaster.pdf

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Bobcat,

Yes, it is a WT pub.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

May 21, 1925 saying man has been here for 6,000 years.

May 28, 1925 Now saying man has been here for over 6,000 years.

So it looks like it is saying that man has been on the earth for 6,000 years, and one (1) week?

Rutherford sure is full of himself, lording it over the flock. What an ego. What a narcissist. What a pain in the (where he got cancer and died).

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovahs Witnesses had two different dates for the end of 6000 years of humans on earth and the beginning of the seventh 1000 year rule ,

Each creative day being only 7000 years long....Not to be confused with how old the Universe is

Genesis 1:1 The creation of the Universe. Millions of years ago.... Genesis 1:2 When God turns his attention to poulating the Earth with humans just over 6000 years ago ....according to JW theology

Do they still talk about humans only being on earth for just over 6000 years ? or is that another one of their beliefs that gets brushed under the carpet never to be spoken about again.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The creation days have been of undefined length in JW mythology at least as far as I can remember. You kind-of have to adjust when modern civilizations (cities and farming) have existed for more than 10,000 years and modern humans for 200,000 years.

The 6000 year model was created by some Catholic bishop and has been completely rejected by JWs for that reason.

• Half banana
    Half banana

The headline pretending the Earth's crust is getting thinner, sounds like the Daily Mail on steroids! (A UK newspaper which gets people hooked by frightening them).

Of course Rutherford and co wanted the faithful to believe his personal nonsense of 1925 as the year the end is to come and the return of the "faithful men of old". Like it was really going to happen!

This is one of the main problems with cults; they do not tolerate criticism, there is no one, no mechanism to balance their idiotic pronouncements. The men at the top spout holy drivel like it is fired from a blunderbuss and nobody stops them. The world in general ignores the Watchtower leaders and rightly so but the true believers feel duty bound to fawn over them.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Anony Mous said, "The 6000 year model was created by some Catholic bishop and has been completely rejected by JWs for that reason."

WHA-A-A-T?

I never heard of that before.

In fact, I'll go so far as to say that the 6,000-year model existed before Christianity. So I'm going to have to ask you for your papers (documentation, citations, etc.).

• undercover
    undercover
    The creation days have been of undefined length in JW mythology at least as far as I can remember.

Your memory doesn't go back too far... Fortunately mine does. Each creative day is 7,000 years in length.

One reference: From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained (1958). Page 10.

Each creative day being only 7000 years long....Not to be confused with how old the Universe is
    Genesis 1:1 The creation of the Universe. Millions of years ago....

Yes, that is the WT doctrine. Universe and planet Earth created millions of years ago. The 7,000 year creative periods started not too long ago (in a cosmic sense). Man created 6,000 (a little over now) years ago.

These days they never mention the 7,000 creative day. They just say 'thousands of years' or 'long periods of time'. But - they have never retracted their previous statements. They have never refined those lengths of times. They have only blurred the lines in order to keep dubs ignorant.

Their only scriptural defense for saying universe/earth created millions of years ago is Genesis 1:1 as already stated. However, that is vague, and purposely so on the WTS' part. Because in Exodus 20:11 it says, "For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, all that is in them..." shooting down in one half verse the entire WT creation doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit