First Entry for Jehovah's Witnesses on Google

by compound complex 12 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

http://whyimcatholic.com/index.php/conversion-stories/jehovah-witness-converts/125-jehovahs-witness-convert-lou-everett

This story of a Jehovah's Witness who became Catholic is at the top of the heap. I was angered at what happened when he opened up and poured out his heart to a "caring" brother.

CC

• Simple Minds
    Simple Minds

I was raised a catholic, went to a catholic school it was a very unpleasant experience

my parents worked hard and gave everything for the catholic church all there lives, but when they got too old to be of any use the church abandoned them.

whether it is the Catholics or Jehovah wittiness my experience in life has shown me that religious organizations, use and abuse people and when they are of no use to then treat them like crap

Simple

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Simple Minds, for your comments. Well put!

CC

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I had an opposite experience.

Confirmed Episcopalian ...Attended a Catholic Church for a few months - not a member ...had a bad life experience (abusive marriage)

Broke down crying in church

Church housed my child and myself for some time and provided counseling

The RCC does help those in need. I've seen it repeatedly.

I attended a Catholic High School and University. Best education for the tuition and my parents paid twice as much as the Catholic kid's parents.

• musky
    musky

It seems that so many people only spiral further downward because of shunning.

The practice hurts more than it helps, I believe. Love, understanding and encouragement would go much further in helping, for so many people.

It must be a difficult thing to be in a position in a congregation where one (or a few) is asked to judge someone else, and decide that a person needs to be shunned. When even a trained doctor can sometimes struggle with accurately understanding the complexities of a persons situation.

Witnesses are told not to serve on a jury, because we are in no position to judge others. But it seems that the Kingdom Hall is where some of the judgmental are.

It has been a while since I have been at JWD and I saw your post CoCo. I remembered you always were positive and encouraging. I always appreciated your posts.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, NeverKnew and musky, for sharing your thoughts. They are appreciated! And welcome back, musky. Your kind words make my day.

Excellent points made on who gladly helps whom and JWs becoming judge and jury . . .

CoCo

• coalize
    coalize
    I never unserstood why people leave a shitty religious organisation, to fall directly in the arms of another organisation, as shitty than the first, with the same kind of bullshit beliefs...
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Makes one wonder, coalize. At this point in life, I feel I have lost all religion.

Go figure.

Thanks, coalize.

CoCo

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I have seen to the RC help those in need. Provide shelter, food, clothing. The Pope even goes to lands that have been devastated by disasters.
  • Clambake
    Clambake

Comparing the modern day catholic church to the soul sucking evil of the WTS is ricidiousness.

The catholic church is one hour on Sunday. If you want to do, you can but there is really no pressure. The watchtower is a north Korean police state.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit