So the Elders want to get together, and I kinda want to.

by Darkknight757 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I like that idea jwleaks. I already have that magazine on my iPhone. I'll just send that quote to the elduuuuuuuurs and tell him that I don't need a meeting with them after all. Then the wife and I can just move on.

Her parents want to get together now and want us to explain why we are inactive and this whole Facebook situation. That would be interesting.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Darknight - never lose sight of the fact that your in-laws, elders, and the rest of mankind are not entitled to an "explanation" from you!!

My favourite phrase for potential predators - "It's private and personal, but thanks for asking."

Draw a line in the sand. They'll get it!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ensure that appropriate boundaries are respected!

You should never feel forced or compelled into anything that you don't wish to be involved with. That includes a railroaded meeting with elders.

If such a meeting does occur though, turn the tables, and instead of sitting there waiting for them to dictate the discussion and direction the meeting takes, you take control.

Imagine if you said right at the beginning "ok thanks for meeting together so and so..., now I'd like to start with a prayer, then I'll outline the matter of discussion. Please bow your heads now...." etc....

Watch them explode with rage that you show disdain for their "power and authority"!

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

So I sent the elduuurs a text:

"Good morning.

After further consideration I've decided I do not need a meeting with the elders.
    -The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction."-

He replied back with a ? and asked what that means. I replied back that there is no reason to meet with the elders because the Governing Body admits that they are not under divine inspiration, which means that, by their own admission they (the elders) are also not of divine inspiration and therefore have no authority.
    I told them to leave me alone and that any further rumor spreading or judicial action will be met with action by my lawyer.
    He then told me that they just want to help us spiritually and the elders and the GB love me.
    I told him to save for retirement and make sure his kid gets a good education so he doesn't end up a toilet scrubber.
    I told him that I love him and that we all deserve to live a happy life.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    He then told me that they just want to help us spiritually and the elders and the GB love me.

the sad part is, he probably actually means this genuinely.

Did you tell him you'd supplied a quote from the washtowel itself?

After further consideration I've decided I do not need a meeting with the elders.

Yeah. why waste valuable time. Use it to enjoy life.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I didn't tell him where the quote is from. He will eventually come across it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DARK KNIGHT:

So many are leaving the religion. This pisses them off. They also don't have enough men. This pisses them off further.

If they think you are "smart" (as you have shown), you may piss them off on another level and they need to prove something and want to "punish" you. Even though they don't want to lose another brother, they feel compelled to make you submit to their imaginary "authority".

As others have said, it's your call if you want to meet with them. But, I am an almost sixteen-year "fader" and couldn't even stand talking to them when I was IN. Why would I let them engage me in conversation now??

If they ever showed up at my door I would tell them with a pleasant expression on my face: "Excuse me, I'm busy. Have a nice day"....(And then I would close the door).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wonder if he'll read it and not put 2 and 2 together?

It's funny because the GB say 'The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible', yet the Jobos will still think they are invisible sky daddys mouthpiece.

By 'ecky thump. that cog diss has gotta burn!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

The "divine" instruction is to obey the slave class even if they are imperfect individuals...so it does not matter if they're not inspired or if they err in their teaching. Jehovah always used flawed humans to guide his people. This is how all good JWs will react to this admission in the February 2017 mag.

• Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Most people wouldn't "disinvite" another person. Since you were disinvited, the person who did so must be under some kind of scrutiny or pressure for dealing with you in the first place. He (or she) is probably just protecting themselves from problems from others. JW's tend to be self righteous you know! I always said that generally, don't play by their rules and give them power. If you want out, just walk away. No letters or discussion of any kind. Just ride off into the sunset. If you see a JW that you know, be civil and move on. If the Elders call, text or want to meet, either dont respond or say that you will have to consider it and get back to them. Then don't. If they push you to meet, that's a separate discussion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit