So the Elders want to get together, and I kinda want to.

by Darkknight757 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

So the wife and I were uninvited to another JW get together which we didn't want to go to anyways. Finally we find out that something on my Facebook account is getting some people's in my old halls undies in a bunch.

So I was thinking of meeting with them to at least clear my wife's name and give them some much needed hell. I know these people don't have any power over us but I kinda feel like if I let loose on them maybe I can finally close the door on this chapter in our lives once and for all.

Thoughts please?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wouldn't waste my time. I'm sure there's something better on at the cinema.

In a strange way, I think that by meeting with them you are giving them a form of power. They'll think their time is worth it.

Nah. I wouldn't bother. Your call though.

maybe I can finally close the door on this chapter in our lives once and for all.

Best of luck with that.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why not just cut to the chase and say we have reevaluated this organization and have made a thoughful decision to leave it as such, stating no disrespect to those elders concerned or toward others in the congregation..

You don't have to go into any deep pertaining reasons why, that's your own personal decision to be held onto your own and you know they will ask ... ask .... ask.

Of course if you are both baptized, they will announce at the Hall that your no longer a JWS.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

You both make good points. I will confer with the wife tonight as to what we will do next.

Thanks

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

If you have nothing to loose, go for it. It looks like they have already decided to shun you and your wife. They actually "uninvited" you. I guess that says a lot.

Everyone has to handle things in their own way. Everybody's story is different.

Keep us posted on what you do.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I'm with Punkofnice on this one - meeting with them merely dignifies and validates their power and control.

If they've got something on you, you'll hear from them soon enough.

Personally, I will point-blank refuse to have a "discussion" with two elders for any reason.

Being ignored by them is much better than the alternative.

Only you can decide what's best for your household. Wish you well.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I do agree that these elduuuurs have no authority over me but I'm fuming with rage. Maybe it's the Italian in me coming out. Maybe it's the new sexy beard. Maybe I just want to show them what my middle finger looks like in the upright position. Whatever it is I have it scheduled at the moment but I can cancel once my head cools.

I hate this cult and I want them out of our lives.

• schnell
    schnell

Wish you well! I feel the same.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I tend to agree with those who say you should give them no power over you but I believe that applies to the elders and not the general congregation. You might perhaps crash the party with your wife just to start talking apostasese with them. Give them something to remember you by but don't bother with the elders; they are the real power brokers.

• kairos
    kairos

You may want to quote the Feb 2017 WT, regarding the new light on the GB...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit