This will most likely be my last post. I do hope you read it.

by azaria 44 Replies latest jw friends

• azaria
    azaria

This is in reply to my post jehovahs-witness.com/6/62654/1.ashx (I still believe in God but) My post was read 193 times yet only 11 people responded. (I do thank those who did) The post 3,000 already has 9 replies. (No I’m not attacking Shamus’s post)

I didn’t realize that I had broken a rule by talking about something other than a JW or ex-JW subject. (re post: What is the purpose of this site started by jst2laws) I was in a lot of pain and didn’t know where else to turn. Because I have been here since last March, I thought that I would have found some empathy with some here. Many here have been shunned or felt betrayed so I thought... I guess I was wrong. I do wish you all the best and I also hope that the next time someone other than an ex-JW opens up about the pain they may be going through that you will show some emphathy. Otherwise please don’t talk about the JW’s being heartless.

• little witch
    little witch

Azaria,

I didnt see the post, but I am crushed that you were made to feel un-welcomed.

I am deeply embarrassed that we have hurt you!

Please don't give up on us. Things move so quickly here, that often a really good post goes by!

I apologize for being neglectful.

Dee

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Sorry, friend. I missed the post. They scroll by so quickly that I can't keep up with all of them.

My apologies, and sympathy for your dilemma.

I concur with the majority opinion on that thread that you must find your own relationship with God.

peace out, my friend. God is not that far away from any one of us, if we will but search for him. And, every man who fears God and works righteousness is acceptable to him.

anyone who says different works for the anti-christ.

CZAR

• Maverick
    Maverick

I agree with Czar, I can't keep up with a lot of the posts. Some I look at have been answered as I would have so I don't respond. May you have peace, Maverick

• Satanus
    Satanus

Eleven respondents is pretty good. My threads usually drop faster than a stone in a flock of seagulls. Like, you know how a rock drops, and the seagulls stay up there.

SS

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

azaria, let me commend you for your post. Man did you ever hit the nail on the head! Most likely I'm guilty for not taking note of your posts. I tried to read as many as I can, but it's next to impossible to read and reply all. Personally, I have no excuse nor will I fabricate an excuse.

You made my heart proud for speaking out as you did. Take care and good health.

Guest 77

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It was another of many threads I have missed.

I thought the responses were very good, far better than anything I would have had to offer as they come from people with far more experience than myself.

In fact, I learned a few things from those posts myself, so thanks for starting the thread, Azaria.

• Sassy
    Sassy

azaria, I hope this will not be your last post. When you are new (and sometimes when you are not) a thread can sometimes get very little response. It is just timing for one thing. I did just now go back to look at your post. I don't remember reading it before but my guess is that because it was so long in text with a small font I figured I'd come back and read it later. (at work I jump in and out of easy threads but can't take a lot of time to really sit and read a lot so I'll save it till i have time) then a post can get burried by accident and forgotten. Usually a serious thread I will save to read later any way. Its easy to reply to a silly thread. A more serious thread I want to contemplate more.

When I started here I (and not that long ago.. I have only been here a short while), I started a thread called Its Beginning. It was about things I was dealing with revealing for the first time about my leaving the WTS. It even included I think a note about a friend suggesting I commit suicide.. be dead.. It was a serious and heart felt thread reaching out because I was losing the only world I knew and all my friends as well as family. I received 18 replies. only 7 more than your thread (and some of those replies were from me thanking those who replied.. so since you never replied to anyone who said anything to you, we probably had about the same amount of replies). Close to the same time I put up a thread on "messengers" so hopefully someone might want to chat and maybe even help me as I deal with the exit issues.. Only 4 replies were on that thread... so you see, we all end up with threads like that.. But it doesn't mean we aren't wanted.. well.. at least I am pretty sure I am wanted..

and there for so are you.. Please don't give up on JWD friends yet..

• missylissy
    missylissy

*sob* dont go.

• seven006
    seven006

<< >>-CZAR

Damn, I keep leaning new stuff every time I read this board. I didn't know I was working for the anti-christ. Now I know to hit up for a raise.

Actually I work for myself....and for food...and clothing...and child support payemnts. If I didn't work for food and clothing Id be running around naked asking people to make me a hambuger. Everybody has to wok for someone or something.

Azara, don't get discouraged about not getting much attention. Very few people respond to anything I say anymore. They just look at me as one of the old timers who use to be smart once. Iv lost the magic sniff ... sniff, nobody loves me anymore. But, as they say, it's better to have loved and lost then never have gotten lost in the first place.

There are a few thousand people on this board and they have a limited amount of time to practice there typing skills let alone come up with anything to say that possibly may come off as profound or significant. Most of us never went to college and what intelligence we do have we got from watching the discovery channel. Give as a little time to get to know you better and we will be flaming your personal thoughts and feelings like you're a prize pig at a Texas Bar-b-Q.

I if you stay I will take a personal interest in your post and make sure they get read. I probably won't agree with a thing you say but we can have some fun trying to prove stuff nether one of us have any absolute proof about. Faith is funny that way.

Now go pour yourself a nick glass of Kooled and respond to the nice people who posted on your fairway post. They need love too. If were lucky, this thread will get so much action Craig will have to lock it, he has lost his keys and hasn't been able to lock a thread for a while.

Take care,

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit