Strange stalking from JW's...Please help

by Toshibabadu 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

It is NEVER a good idea to reply to a text whose sender does not have the courtesy to identify themselves.

Other than that, my advice can be summed up in the following mantra when anyone receives unwanted texts:

Don't reply. Block the number(s).

• sir82
    sir82

It's crazy. What is this? I have never heard of or experienced anything like this. Whats going on?

Welcome to the world of JW "love". They will harass you until they see what side of the fence you will land on.

• freddo
    freddo

Every so often, among the "how to stand by a cart" and "look at Warwick/Chelmsford" items they will get items about "return to Jehovah" and stuff.

There was one last month and an inactive friend of mine had a couple of "miss you" and "how are you" texts.

He just replied that he was doing well and planning on going to college. Funnily enough no more texts.

As Sir82 says - they want to know which side of the fence you are on to work out whether to "associate" with you or "shun" you.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Toshibabadu ,just delete all those messages if they cant/dont have the decency to reply to you then you have no obligation to give them the time of day

Dont fret over these nutcases .

We look forward to hearing more about your experiences in the religion.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, I have heard of that. We have had a small number text us things like "we miss you...are you ok? Can we encourage you? etc".

BUT, when we text back something nice like "thanks for your message, we are doing really well thanks. Hope you are going well too? If we can do anything to ever help you please let us know! Our door remains open at all times"

They never reply back! It is a case of taking away their control and power in the situation!

Remember that in the witness world, it is US that need ENCOURAGEMENT, and NOT the other way around. So they cant fathom the idea that our lives are going well!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Toshibabadu, welcome to the forum.

Steve2 nailed it - anonymous communications should be ignored and dismissed.

On the other hand, when the org's zealots come looking for you personally, have an effective "conversation stopper" ready. Otherwise, they will persist in trying to get information out of you - information which they will use to deal out "discipline" for abandoning the cult.

Simple but 100% effective - "I appreciate your concern, but there's nothing I can talk about at the moment. If things change, I'll call you. Thank you."

J.W. mentality demands that they must know "why you left the truth!" They hate loose ends, because loose ends make their "brotherhood of love" look very ragged - which it is.

• tiki
    tiki

Put more time and space between you and them and it should die down. I personally would not respond...just ignore. The more you respond the more they'll keep up bothering you. You owe no one an explanation for your choices. Sometimes it's like clawing your way out of a giant web...but it can be done. Think freedom.....peace....

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Just ignore. JW's are the nosiest people on the planet. They can't wait to get the scoop on what's going on. Once they find the dirt, they run with it. Play cat and dead mouse with them. The cat won't stay around if the mouse is unresponsive.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Dont reply any more, but save or print out the messages in case it doesnt stop or escalates so if you need to take it to police etc you have a record of the harassment.

• MissFit
    MissFit

This is just another way they can count time. Someone is problably assigned to text people who are absent at meetings to encouage them.

This happened to me a couple of years ago when I stopped going to meetings after being pretty regular.

I would get a weekly text reminding me about the meeting or summing up the last meeting I missed. They didn't identify themselves.

I first I was puzzled,but I had a pretty good idea who it was. One of the elders was sending it - I think it was supposed to be encouraging those who were absent. Like a sheperding call.

I never replied back. Sometimes my old study conductor will send me a text to say she misses me or to remind me of a special day coming up.

I prefer that to when a service group would stop by my place of work to give me the latest nagazine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit