Strange stalking from JW's...Please help

by Toshibabadu 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Toshibabadu
    Toshibabadu

I just recently stopped attending. I keep getting messages, emails, texts and voice mails asking if i'm ok. They all say the exact same thing. It's creepy and a bit scary. Because it's the EXACT same words that are being used over and over. When I respond and say that i'm ok they don't reply back. No one has ever replied back and said "oh ok glad to hear you are ok". I will just get another message from another person in a week or so. It's crazy. What is this? I have never heard of or experienced anything like this. Whats going on?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    What country are you in?
  • Toshibabadu
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Was there anyone in your congregation that might be mentally unstable?

By the way, welcome to the forum.

• jp1692
    jp1692

That is weird. Call them on it!

Or just stop replying altogether.

• Giordano
    Giordano

We all need to understand that this is a high control religion. AS Village Idiot said perhaps this has more to do with the custom of the JW's in your area of the world.

A part for that it's pretty much standard operating procedure.

The WYBT$ wants to prevent people from leaving or simply Disassociating themselves so the penalty is shunning from non household family members and friends,,,,it is best, in my opinion, to put on a kind face and simply say to anyone who directly calls you (who you know) and any family member....... that you are fine...... just prayer fully working out some personal issues. And leave it at that.

If they want to meet with you say 'There's no need...I am fine...thank you'......... and hang up.

Keep your thoughts to yourself........ do not trust close family or long term friends and above all not the Elders or the CO. Their mission is to weed out apostates.......... your mission is to create a healthy space where you can associate with close family members without threatening them. You need privacy and new relationships who are decent and caring people.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

Stalk them back. Start leaving them strange and inappropriate messages on social media. Paint yourself as a real weirdo. Get on your Facebook account and subscribe to all the most tastless feeds like #misanthropicvegananarchist. Trust me, within no time they will be avoiding you like the smelly kid from school.

• Toshibabadu
    Toshibabadu

Idk about anyone being mentally unstable....maybe they think i am

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Welcome. Your situation reminds me of so many stories, and you can find many of us telling our stalking stories on youtube (jwstruggle, kimmikey, etc, etc,). Therapy may help, and showing the therapist the texts. He or she should be able to give you good ideas on how to cope, and where you can get legal help if possible. Some of the best therapy is to keep hanging out with us! A warning about professional therapists though, they are notoriously undereducated or uneducated on cults and the cult of Jehovah's Witnesses.

If you are trying to fade, try not to get too frazzled, and say something that they will use to DF you. Stay calm and ignore the crazy crap!

Hope this helps.

• Toshibabadu
    Toshibabadu

Thanx everyone....I almost called a close friend, but i wont. I'm kinda paranoid from reading and even knowing of some experiences first hand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit