What is the youngest a child has been baptised as a JW?

by Ultimate Axiom 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

half a dozen unbaptised, but adult males, and one baptised six year old boy. How that would work?

I would imagine quite well.

Dad: Time for bed son.

Son: NO! I don't want to go to bed!

Dad: Son, I am the father. Do as I say.

Son: NO!! If you try to make me I will dis-fellowship you!

Dad: Oh, sorry. Okay son, you win.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously though, I was fourteen, and that was way to young. I cannot imagine these precious little kids at 6 and 7 getting dunked.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I didn’t want to get baptized, but my dad said I wouldn’t be allowed to date until I was, so at one month past my 14th birthday I got baptized, then my dad said I couldn’t date till I was 16. I told him then I would have waited til 16, so I was tricked and coerced in a way. After I came out of the water, I remember thinking “Oh my god, what have I done?”

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They will be chucking a foetus in the pool and counting that as Baptized and a member soon.

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

My former Presiding Overseer was baptized at 9, elder at 21... He was 100% fanatic and now, achieving the age of 70, he is no more coordinator of the body of elders because he's too old ! He married a girl (aged 15) 14 years younger, who was "offered" by her Elder Father... She died at 48 by cancer. What a sad life ! No children,

And several years ago, he was removed from the Regional Assemblies program because a new pioneer good-looking generation was growing up ! Old men had to leave the place !

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    OK - You won!---Does that mean that child can be disfellowshipped

Only if the child wears its diapers too tight or commits acts unbecoming of a baby. 😜

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Why have counties legalized this? I mean the USA was founded on secularism! Canada even more so. Some countries like Chile or the Philippines I have been too (Soon to live in the later) are Catholic and have outdated laws. The fact is that Europe is mostly secularized. The fact is:

1. Children can't consent to sex therefore can't consent to a relationship with YHWH who in Hosea makes it sexual.. sorry .. just true.

2. The JW say a driver's license proves you can be a JW.. K...Then 16 or les are outed. Actually in some provinces of Canada you can't get a FULL license until 19. even better, Who will get baptized at that age>... No one.

But 3/

Jesu was 30 according to Luke. Ok. They we go. Children need not be baptized at all. "Follow the master!"

I think taking kids to church or giving them instruction n religion is abuse!

• Syme
    Syme
    7 years old the youngest I've heard of. The funny thing is, JWs are take quite pride in the "fact" that they don't practice infant baptism like the "false" Christians. But nobody stops to think much difference is there between baptizing at 7 or 10 and infant baptism? It's just infant baptism with added hypocrisy.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Anyone under the age of say, at a minimum 18, is unlikely to REALLY be mature enough to make such a lifelong commitment to an Authoritarian Mind Control Cult, or to realise that is exactly what they are doing !

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Came across this today, it’s from Consolation, December 23, 1942, page 13. While it’s not conclusive proof that the WTS have baptised children younger than 6, more than three of these would appear to be so.

• Oh-my-God
    Oh-my-God
    The youngest reference I have come across is in the 1992 Watchtower (March 1st page 27) - “In the summer of 1946, I was baptized at the international convention in Cleveland, Ohio. Although I was only six years of age…

Interestingly this experience from w92 3/1 pp. 26-30 Pursuing a Goal Set at Six Years of Age - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1992168 is also the very last place in the Watchtower mentioning the BETH-SARIM

Often we preached near Beth-Sarim, which was where the ailing president of the Watch Tower Society, Brother Rutherford, had spent the winters before his death in 1942. We visited regularly and had dinner with the full-time servants there. Such happy visits made me decide that this was truly the kind of life I wanted. I then made Gilead School and missionary service my goal in life.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/search/?q=beth-sarim

Oh-my-God!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit