What is the youngest a child has been baptised as a JW?

by Ultimate Axiom 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

The youngest reference I have come across is in the 1992 Watchtower (March 1st page 27) - “In the summer of 1946, I was baptized at the international convention in Cleveland, Ohio. Although I was only six years of age…

I would like to find more examples of this, particularly of examples in more recent times. If anyone has similar cases of any pre-teen baptisms I would be grateful to hear them, preferably from WT literature itself rather than outside sources.
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

The Watchtower—Study Edition | June 2011

Should Youths Get Baptized?

A Witness in Greece said: “I was baptized when I was 12 years old. I have never regretted my decision. Since then, 24 years have passed, 23 of which I have spent in the full-time service. My love for Jehovah always helped me to face the difficulties of youth. At the age of 12, I did not have the Scriptural knowledge that I have now. But I knew that I loved Jehovah and wanted to serve him forever. I am glad that he has helped me to continue in his service.”

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

2011 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses ..page 58

• minimus
    minimus

I was 9

• minimus
    minimus

At 9 I was the brother in the household and I would say prayers and my mother and grandmother would have to respectfully say amen. I was an ordained minister!!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I knew a sister who was a few weeks pregnant when she was baptized so I'm guessing her child must have been the youngest.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    minimus--------I was 9

HELL!

Pete Zahut

I knew a sister who was a few weeks pregnant when she was baptized so I'm guessing her child must have been the youngest.

OK - You won!---Does that mean that child can be disfellowshipped

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Thanks for those R&R, much appreciated.

Minimus - very interesting and revealing experience. I wonder if the WTS fully realize the implications of baptising children. In their GT scenario, suppose a congregation was left with a couple of dozen sisters, half a dozen unbaptised, but adult males, and one baptised six year old boy. How that would work?

Anyone any other examples of six and seven year olds being baptised, or experiences of their own being baptised as a pre-teen?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

IMHO, anyone who was baptized before adulthood should not be accountable to the WTS.

Put me on that jury.

• minimus
    minimus

Watchtower Organization wants to indoctrinate children from a very early age in baptism is the obvious step to keep them within the cult. They will praise a family and child for becoming a baptized Jehovah’s Witness member

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit