A Comforting Thought About Watchtower

by freemindfade 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The reason the WTS will not be what was in past is because the WTS's doctrines which this organization was built upon have subsequently failed invalidating the organization to its self purposed image and putting matters to worse the general population has now the inter-net to examine and evaluate those false/failed doctrines.

I'm making this statement based upon my own perspective of being a JWS back in the 1960's and 70's.

• anointed1
    anointed1

My witness friends too agree with you in spirit. They say many old-timers are leaving, or the fire in them is dying, yet this is compensated by new comers.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

My cousin who gets invited to my JW sister's home for a meal and can't understand why I don't showed me a photo she took recently. My sister couldn't even be bothered to smile, to even put on a pretence of being happy.

Such a picture of depression, talk about the fire dying. Those still in must know paradise has been postponed indefinitely and they are going to die 'in this system'. It's a different religion to the one I left.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    anointed1 - "...They say many old-timers are leaving..."

Young people leaving, old people leaving...

...and the more it happens, the more any remaining still-ins will wonder why it's happening, whilst suspecting that "Satan" is an increasingly inadequate explanation.

• flipper
    flipper

FREEMINDFADE- Hey my dear friend, how you doing ? My wife and I are watching every episode of Leah Remini and Mike Rinder's expose ' of Scientology and it's really riveting. Aside from the violence by David Miscavige against members you could cross out Scientology and put Jehovah's Witnesses in the place of the title.

The way the JW's keep their members busy with meetings, field service, JW computer shit - even some of the older JW's are getting tired out and frustrated by it. In calling some of my dad's friends telling them about my mom - I talked with one 69 year old JW I used to know in my former area and he expressed great frustration with the WT Society demanding so much from rank & file publishers. This guy used to be an elder- now he's just a ministerial servant because in his words, " the friends and the WT Society just expects TOO MUCH of you they DEMAND too much of you being an elder. " He said he couldn't take the stress of it anymore. He expressed anger over the WT Society demanding money by saying " all they want is more, more , more " . He said to me, " Flipper . I have a social services job and I don't make a lot of money- but the WT Society wants us to get the latest I-pads, tablets so as to study on jW.org. and I don't have the money to do it ! "

So these older JW's are breaking down physically, materially they are poorer , and they are getting browbeaten to do more, more, more. I can see in the next 5 to 10 years, we are going to start seeing people exiting at a faster rate than before if the " beatings " continue. Especially younger people who are computer savvy- they see through this shit, many of them. It will be interesting to watch. Have a great New Year Freemind ! Peace out, Uncle Flip .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit