A Comforting Thought About Watchtower

by freemindfade 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

This organization will never again be what it was by 2013-2014.

They peaked in the form they were, I believe they were already falling apart in ways, but from the outside and to the majority R&F, things likely still seemed on the up and up. Browsing through the boards and just keeping my finger on the pulse of what's happening, this organization will NEVER again be what it was. Yes, people debate whether it will decline or go away or not, over what time, and on and on. I believe most of us feel it will never be gone entirely. But the cult it was, is no more.

The way I see different people getting twisted up about the beard thing and other issues is an indicator of a lack of continuity they once had, and over things so small and trivial. It would seem they lost their swarm mentality. Even things I have seen with witnesses being more tolerant towards faders shows me things have changed a lot in more people's minds than we think. Are they going to wake up like many of us? Probably not, but I do believe they will stop taking the cult as serious and fade in a different less drastic manner.

So instead of fretting over what will become of the Watchtower cult, let's just take a moment to appreciate it will NEVER be the same again. However far that goes from here only time will tell.

FMF

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    freemindfade - "...I do believe they will stop taking the cult as serious and fade in a different less drastic manner..."

I agree.

I think they've past the point where there are more still-ins who don't take it as seriously than there are who do.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Living in the new age information is hurting the WTS., people are acquiring information easily years ago that could have never been able to.

I myself was shocked of learning of what the WTS was doing in the late 1800's up to 1914 such as Pyramidology .

and we all know how religious cults like to subdue and be in control of information that would put themselves in doubt.

The Watchtower has been lying and deceiving people for a very long time now, making its future existence questionable.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This organization will never again be what it was by 2013-2014.

The WBT$/JWs change about every 20 years..

It`s so slow,most never notice..

The rest chalk it up to the light getting brighter..

They all just plod along..

It reminds me of the boiling frog anecdote..

From Wikipedia
    The boiling frog is an anecdote describing a frog slowly being boiled alive. The premise is that if a frog is put suddenly into boiling water, it will jump out, but if it is put in cold water which is then brought to a boil slowly, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death.

That Was The Best..

Assemby Ever!...................Yep!..

Image result for frog in boiling water

• flipper
    flipper

Hi, FMF. At Uncle Flip's mom's wake recently it was interesting to observe some of the jws.

Not sure, it was subtle, but I sensed that some of the jws noticed and were surprised that the non and ex jws were being kinder and more sincere than some of the jws.

Maybe it's a start.

Mrs. Flipper

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I think so. There is going to be a split. This is why I say there is not the collective mentality like there once was. I think for some who are very logical and have strong principles, they have to bend watchtowers rules in order to continue on. I've seen it in a few of my family members.

Also, I wish I could have been there with you all.

• NikL
    NikL

I sometimes wonder if there isn't a split in the making at the top.

We get mags indicating one thing one month then something different the next. I know they've always flip flopped but it seems to me it's happening a lot more frequently.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Agree Freemindfade. Whatever happens with WT Jehovah's witnesses will never be the same again.

Apart from obvious physical changes to meeting format, use of tablets and screens etc the whole vibe is different. When I run into JWs in the street or supermarket they look dead behind the eyes, with a flat affect.

That's my take anyway.

• dogon
    dogon

I believe the internet is the single most cause of people getting information about the cult they did not have access to in previous years. That said I doubt they are going away anytime soon. They may be fading away but gone? I don't see that any time soon. The core is fanatical.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Who knows what's going to happen. I know one thing, some of the GB are Pizza-gate Pedos. When the shit hits the fan, it won't be pretty. Why do you think they are so willing to spend $4000.00 Jeho-bucks a day to keep their Pedo data-base from the courts??

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit