A Comforting Thought About Watchtower

by freemindfade 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Yes 2014 was when something happend (we may never know what) bur the result was cut after cut after cut.It will be intresting to see what happens when all the OLD teaching books are gone from the trolleys will they replace them ps when i say old i mean old 2012 2010 and even 2006

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

...this organization will NEVER again be what it was. Yes, people debate whether it will decline or go away or not, over what time, and on and on. I believe most of us feel it will never be gone entirely. But the cult it was, is no more...

And the denial continues. The WT is in the business of real estate. Far from dying, declining or going away, it is just evolving into a business, or what some us call, "a profitable nonprofit". They just don't give a rat's ass about their people, and people still keep pulling in the direction that there has to be some kind of deep Jehovah related revelation that will explain everything.

It is that simple. The WT is changing the focus from making money from publications and house-to-house preaching to real estate. If you look at each and every single publishing company, newspaper and church in this planet, you will see that the WT is not doing anything so exotic. It's doing what everybody else is, that is, adjusting to keep up with the times and getting rid of what isn't profitable.

• millie210
    millie210
    freemindfade
    It would seem they lost their swarm mentality.

That is such a good description!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Scratchme1010 they follow the same pattern as Scientology who makes claim to their growth in square footage. Taking any money you do make (as a tax exempt religion) the only plausible thing to do with it is real estate. Then you aren't "profiting". My thought on their apex and decline has to do more with their indoctrination scope and grip. I think its slipping. In a decade or two they will probably be more like Scientology as a smaller more compact cult.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It's difficult to predict their demise exactly as to how long it will be. I used to think that I would not live to see their final end, and I think that may well be the case, I am nearly 70.

But I wonder , if I survive another 10 or 15 years, if I will not have the pleasure of seeing them dwindle to true total insignificance.

Having observed how quickly some Organizations collapse to next to nothing, Political, Religious and even Sports groups can lose members fast, and become almost invisible in a fairly short time.

I am certainly hoping I live to see this with the WT/JW Org.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I do hope the WTS topples in my lifetime. I always explain it to outsiders as "like North Korea". Everyone thinking they're the only ones that are unhappy and think everyone else are happy. The looking over your shoulder, the snitching, the propaganda, looking at the outside world with envy.

Surely no young ones are converting these days are they? And the born ins are dropping like flies.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

It will survive as long as it will. And it could go on indefinitely.

It will never be as big or influential as it was at its peak. That is my main point. However long its lifecycle will be, it's on the downside now, could take another century, who knows but it's never going back up again.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Scratchme1010 they follow the same pattern as Scientology who makes claim to their growth in square footage. Taking any money you do make (as a tax exempt religion) the only plausible thing to do with it is real estate. Then you aren't "profiting". My thought on their apex and decline has to do more with their indoctrination scope and grip. I think its slipping. In a decade or two they will probably be more like Scientology as a smaller more compact cult.

Yes, I think you are absolutely right. As a nonprofit, religious organization they will continue to shrink (I think). But their shrinking as a religion doesn't mean that they are disappearing or in financial trouble. I completely agree that (IMO) mostly due to the Internet and the easier way that people communicate, it's difficult for them to keep up with their nonsense and consequently, people become more and more aware of how/who they really are. That is forcing them to take measures to protect their assets and money making, which they realize can no longer come from their brainwashed people. Hence, the change in business model.

The concept of "profitable nonprofit" does exist. There are many ways to have a nonprofit make (and get) a lot of money that falls into the hands of individuals or corporations, plus many nonprofits can also own and run for-profit businesses and pay taxes for it.

They are not going away any time soon as an entity. They may not be gaining as many converts as fast as they used to, but they are making very smart moves to remain making money.

Personally I find comfort in being away from them and having a great life. I can't care less if they prosper or perish.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    scratchme - "...I can't care less if they prosper or perish."

Not all of us are there, yet.

• schnell
    schnell

I care to the extent that I don't wish anyone else to enter this cult or continue, but I know that they will. I don't want the same story to be lived out again, but I know that it will. Eventually, the day might come when we can whistle at Babylon's passing, but it isn't here yet and there are bigger threats in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit