Jupiter protects the earth... another example of intellectual dishonesty and an argument against design

by cognisonance 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton
    ---More difficult questions arise with the "if you change this specific factor, the universe as we know it wouldn't exist" line of reasoning. Modern physics seeks to get around this conundrum with multiverse theories,---

neverendingjourney: good point. life had to start and evolve to fit the conditions here, that came about by the forming of the Solar system, and Jupiter was first, the biggest and the most accurately matched in the "Titius"*** sequence. Slightly different emerging conditions should have produced different life forms.

Having to invent multiverses to lower the odds to have that happen by pure chance, is overkill, if it happened here. perhaps everywhere?

*** James Gregory 16xyz has priority claim to revealing the doubling of planetary orbit radii, now named after Tietze. so:

Without Jupiter's very close match to the Earth orbit in nature, and as seen in comparing them in the Bode sequence, which after all does nothing but classify them, we, as we know us, probably would not be here.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

@waton

I have no idea what you're talking about

• Twitch
    Twitch

Twitch here is a sequence that resembles a chromosome, with fixed ends at both ends, pronounced as useless by many astronomers, like a decoration superflouis but fitting, and compatible with what emerged out of the big beginning (ba..)

Ah, I see.

I tis really out there, , t()wich can not be said about wt way out doctrines)

I've little doubt it's really out there.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I remember reading a chapter in the Draw Close to Jehovah book that mentions that Earth's atmosphere serves to protect Earth's inhabitants from incoming meteorites by pulverising them before they reach the surface. They were trying to give the impression that this was a purposeful design function of the atmosphere.

The problem with that idea which they seem totally blind to, is that they also teach the Earth was originally created with a heavenly ocean around it. An ocean of water would do such a good job at deflecting incoming asteroids by the hydroplane effect, as to render the atmosphere's role in stopping asteroids completely obsolete and irrelevant. So without them even realizing it, their heavenly ocean teaching contradicts the idea that the atmosphere was created to serve - at least in part - as a shield to stop asteroids.

• waton
    waton

Jupiter, with its orbital resonances is responsible for the asteroid belt, instead of a planet at 2.8 AU. but those asteroids are tools for evolution, without them you would not be here, terminating the Dinosaurs, and opening the niche for our ancestors.

Jupiter with it's close match to Earth orbit is a win win for us. by Jove.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Island Man I was taught that this "expanse" of water surrounding our planet was used up in the Great Flood. Thank goodness for the atmosphere being there as a good backup! Phew.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And look who is trying to pass this as "the solar system is special". Blithely they ignore that science is starting to find planets outside our system, around other stars. In fact, they have found many of them by studying the wobble of the parent star or by detecting transits of those planets with their stars. We now have telescopes that are capable of canceling the light of the star, so just the planets show up. And, quite a few stars have "hot Jupiters". It stands to reason that a reasonable number of them have regular Jupiters as well, as well as rocky Earth like planets (and asteroids, similar to the ones joke-hova made by blowing up the planet between Mars and Jupiter and then providing lies to explain the mess).

Now, if Christi-SCAM-ity has its way, all this knowledge is lost. We are back to an Earth that is shaped like a record (the type you used to put on your turntable to play music), and you could fall off. This record was the center of the universe, and all planets (and sun and moon) revolved along with the stars, around the record. Christi-SCAM-ity was responsible for this ignorance. And, given the chance, it and its twins Islam and communism will plunge us all into that ignorance without hesitation. In fact, you can be burned at the stakes (or sent to the gulags) if you have knowledge otherwise. During this time, there was no knowledge of galaxies, and life outside Earth (and planets around other stars) was thought impossible under threat of burning or the gulags.

Now, if Christi-SCAM-ity pushed this blatantly wrong viewpoint and burned (or sent to the gulags) anyone that asked questions (like retrograde planets), can they really be trusted in their asserting that Jupiter was directly a gift from joke-hova? That thing created most of the asteroids by blowing up the planet between it and Mars, and takes credit for creating Jupiter to protect earth from the mess joke-hova itself made?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Humans evolved on our planet exactly because an asteroid impacted the earth and wiped out almost all life forms. If we didn't have impacts every few millions of years we would have giant sea monsters in the singular ocean and some very large chickens on the singular land mass.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Anony Mous Is that true?!

• waton
    waton

@Anony Mous Is that true?

2 days ago: asteroids are tools for evolution, without them you would not be here, terminating the Dinosaurs, and opening the niche for our ancestors.

The details are sketchy, survivors: little mammals, now also frogs, but there were more than one partial extinction, caused by impacts, and Noah's flood was not one of them.

WtWizard: so far, more exo-Jupiters than Earth have been found, so, chances for exo cousins are great. They just found a star, smaller than Jupiter. but ~ 3 times the weight. so: no matter what we find out there, it's great around in here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit