Convention Blast

by Zilgee 53 Replies latest social current

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"""I find it odd that the jw.borg report says "Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this tragedy." ""

HMMM. What about the premature deaths from a deadly blood policy and the families busted-up from a mandated shunning policy?

• Gorb
    Gorb

The jw.org breaking news text is cold and full of distance.

G.

• LV101
    LV101

It's enough stress worrying about family members attending meetings these days. I'm sure halls are taking every precaution to ensure safety but without trained, armed, security, they're limited -- sitting ducks at any/all venues.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    ""I find it odd that the jw.borg report says "Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this tragedy." ""

Indeed. Let a hurricane go through parts of the US and they are organizing relief and volunteer construction workers within a few hours. Something much worse happens in India and it is more like, meh, thoughts and prayers, 'Keep warm and well fed'.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

BluesBrother "Perhaps it is time for them to employ professional security guards. As an attendant we knew there were also security guards but although keen…. they were amateurs."

Probably a good idea, but are they going to search every tiffin box? They might want to bring back on site food service if they don't want to have to search everybody's lunch.

Didn't the fact that a bloke on his own had four tiffin boxes raise any eyebrows?

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Didn't the fact that a bloke on his own had four tiffin boxes raise any eyebrows?

Not sure how it happens in other countries, but in India its common for the man of the family to carry a bag full of tiffin boxes, water bottles, and snacks for his family to the convention. I myself carried my family bag which had 3 tiffins and 4 bottles and small packets of chips for my and my wife's family.

The bomber's in-laws were there in the audience and he pleaded his wife in the morning not to let them go to this convention. Hence, he had to strategically place the bombs away from his in-laws.

Also, rather than using shrapnel, he placed 2 liters of petrol near the bombs to inflict maximum damage. His detonator was amateur, so he had to be within 500 metres of each explosive to detonate them.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I cannot express how terrible this crime is.

That poor little girl. What choice did she have in the kinds of doctrines her parents religion dictates?

WHY WHY WHY do these terrorists keep targeting ordinary folk who have no power to change anything?

A pre-teen GIRL in the Jehovah's witnesses has as much say as the chair she sat on within that organisation!

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"WHY WHY WHY do these terrorists keep targeting ordinary folk who have no power to change anything?"

I remember reading a self-help book where the author basically said that assassins were worse than terrorists (back when the Kennedy era was still relatively fresh). I couldn't understand the logic. An assassin takes risks to go after a powerful person that they believe is responsible for whatever imagined transgression, whereas a terrorist just kills defenseless little people.

Perhaps the GB feels safe in their guarded compound, but Hamas's recent attacks only used equipment that's readily available in the US.

Drearyweather, thanks for the insight. The guy was obviously out to hurt and kill (ordinary and powerless) people. Did he test his system to see if it would work before trying it out for real? Did no-one notice, if he did?

Why did the WT spokesman try to deny that the bloke was even there?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The GBs sit there in their ivory towers

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Which brings up a point made on another thread, how safe is Tony Morris?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit