"Blood Guilty"

by new boy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

Guilt is such a wonderful tool used by the Jehovah’s Witnesses. One of the terms they love to use is the term “Blood Guilty.” They have actually used this term to guilt their members into doing more and more “house to house activity” Yes, they have said on numerous occasions at their Kingdom Halls and other major gathering that a person “could be blood guilty” for not going out in the field service activity enough.

The reason is simple. Because you decided to work in your garden and not go door to door on Saturday, Mr. Sinner never got a chance to hear the Jehovah’s Witness's message about the coming destruction of all the bad people. Because Mr. Sinner never heard this message, there is a high probability he doesn’t join that religion. Because he didn’t join the only true religion he is still a sinner. Jehovah has no choice but to kill off Mr. Sinner his wife and two small children at Armageddon.

So the Jehovah's Witness logic is that even though Mr. Sinner gets killed, YOU are now “Blood Guilty” because you never knocked on his door and now Jehovah holds you accountable for his death! So even though Jehovah did all the killing, you are the one that made him do it!

So you are accountable too and now you are now "blood guilty."

On the other hand all the elders that never did anything about reporting the pedophiles in their kingdom halls to the local authorities are not "blood guilty."

This makes perfect sense.

cool aid anyone?

• Tallon
    Tallon

I guess this is where the 'Fear, Obligation and Guilt' comes into play - to keep you busy peddling their propaganda.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

love it dont they, plus "sinning against the holy spirit" which I was accused of, the irony is that the WTS is guilty of both

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Jehovah holds you accountable for his death! So even though Jehovah did all the killing, you are the one that made him do it!

This thought of being a manslayer never left my young brain day and night. Made me feel worthless....a murderer.

I wish I had known that this is classic behaviour of an abuser in an ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP.

And the Org has become the city of refuge, too, as it's not enough to believe in Jesus as your saviour, you must belong to the org, too. Therefore the Org is become the real city of refuge you flee to to escape your punishment as a manslayer.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

*Knock*

*Knock*

"Good morning, sir or ma'am. I here to warn you that a person is coming to Murder you."

Walks to the next door.

"Look at me - I'm helping!"

• blownaway
    blownaway

Its not just the guilt of not going in service and being blood guilty. Its all of the shit together that creates a huge mind control cult. They end up making people do unnatural things. Turn their backs on their family and go to meetings when DFed to be treated like a pariah. Its all so unnatural its crazy. To give up you one life for some promise that has proven to be wrong 100% of the time. When we were young and in it was just the way it was, now looking back its asshat crazy.

• James87
    James87

I feel pity and sadness for those people. You can lead a horse to water but you cant force them to drink it. Seeing first hand the level of destruction of a person is hard

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Feeling responsible for other peoples lives can put you in dangerous situations too. Making yourself walk up to a person you would normally avoid to offer them magazines - as a woman, I often felt stressed. I thought I should go talk to that crazy person, but couldn't make myself do it. How many others have ignored their gut feelings that something is not safe, just to save themselves from being Blood Guilty?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Who is blood guilty for any who died from refusing vaccines, organ transplants and blood fractions over the decades before they became allowed?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Watchtower and the Governing Body have offended me and my family to the point that we no longer participate in their cult. Looks like WT and the GB have a lot of blood on their hands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit