Lazy field service

by Addison0998 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yup I know 2 elders like that. One who would come to the group but I never once saw knocking on doors. Another who spent the whole morning driving around with his invalid wife making sure the publishers where ok and doing the correct street, and then suddenly have to go off and do calls.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

In my part of town, the spanish congregation is who I see the most out in service. But they only have one or two on the list to contact. So they walk veerrrryyy ssloooowwlyy from one end of the street back to their car. I mean not even a normal walking pace. Strolling might be the word. Punctuated with conversation and looking around.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I have seen the JWs in my neighborhood a handful of times. Mostly long ago, like 20 years ago. Now I can't say I have seen any in two years, even then it was once then years before that.

I do see the Mormons on bikes now and again. Not at my door, but seen biking nearby in pairs.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I was outside, working, last year when 2 adult men approached me in a residential neighborhood, to invite me to the memorial. I told them that I walked away from this religion 35 years ago, and had no intention of going back. They actually acted scared, jumped in their cars, and left the neighborhood. Ha!

• zeb
    zeb

and what of the court case in Victoria (Australia) where the branch office lawyer stated 'that no elder or servant requires anyone to record their hours; it is their own personal mission' or words to that effect. This from the writer said there was a huge "HUH" from the jw in the gallery.

A lot ofthe witnessing I formally did was 'rural' with 4-5 of us in a car and all logging hours for the same trip.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Now I read this, remembering how I hated witnessing from child years on.

Let's finish the block were G's fathers words 😉.

G.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

This guy takes the OSCAR for Lazy Ass Field Ministry Award : He never left his house ,just got texted the territory and after a week or two will give the PO a text saying all done ! Genius.

Zing

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What do you think street carts are about, easy hours for the lazy ones who dont really want to talk to people just do it for show.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
  • steve2
    steve2

They don't make 'em like the used to do. this is what happens when the end doesn't come but you're still told it's just round the corner. Untold numbers of JWs have learnt that, whilst the end isn't round the corner, Starbucks is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit