Two Year Delay in Building New KHs - What Is the Real Impact?

by committeechairman 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Brokeback Watchtower - "Knowing the Governing Body are such haters of getting a higher education they may have a very poor accountants running their accounting system and so failed to notify the Governing Body about gravity of the situation, partly because they are all ass kissers and yes men of the GB and they know how the GB react toward bringers of bad news and so fudged things a little finally after years of poor accounting the shit has finally hit the fan for the GB and all their ass kissers in the accounting department."

This would not surprise me.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    In a way maybe this is just poetic justice if that is true, Vidiot. Irony like no other.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Know what's real poetic justice (and irony)?

An organization known for demonizing advanced education experiencing serious financial difficulty as a direct result of its membership being unable to financially support it...

...because said membership dutifully followed said policies demonizing the advanced education that would have otherwise enabled them to earn enough to financially support said organization.

:smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

committeechairman - "...'acceleration' of Kingdom Hall builds..."

At this point, the only thing any "acceleration" would accomplish is increasing the flip value of the properties (as opposed to "growth")... :smirk:

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I suppose the transfer of mortgage and ownership in whole to the WTS and the instituting mortgage sized donations by all congregations not only increases cash flow but would like allow the WTS more control of how the funds are allocated

bundling those mortgages to some sort of an investment management company could allow them to make credit payments significantly lower than their monthly cash inflow

instead of obligatory payments to credit coffers the WTS has created an enormous income stream from which to build their Armageddon bunker

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Does anyone know of a new Kingdom Hall under construction at this time?

Earlier someone commented on 3 of the new design Halls being built right now in the US.

Seems like it was New Jersey; Texas; and Florida.

I'm curious if this is true, and if there are any others. In our area (USA Midwest) we are seeing small congregations merged with others and the Kingdom Hall being sold. Friends and family that were regular volunteers (and Dept Heads) have not been to build or remodel in over a year.

Doc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wow, three whole new ones.

Jehovah's Chariot is truly on the move. :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm starting to think that they never actually planned on spending the money on new building projects, and that it was always intended for legal fees and payouts.

It would very neatly explain why the R&F were explicitly instructed not to earmark their donations for specific purposes.

Anybody remember that?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

If they were sold a bill of bad goods, it wouldn't be the first time.

Remember the 'new truth' that said a person's heart actually 'reasoned' and was the seat of motivation and personality? Remember the large beating heart on stage, and the resultant ban on transplants? Spiritual food they swallowed lock, stock and barrel, then had to puke back up in 1980 when they reversed their position on transplants. (I personally think it was fed to them by Lorenz Reibling.)

Or the brilliant idea (in the 70's) they could refit their presses; there is a great thread around here somewhere on that one.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

My BIL eldub, is going to a fairwell rbc, hello ldc, meeting, fir all department heads and assistance. They are even to bring their wifes with them, for a party of some kind afterwards. He said they are supposed to learn all about the new ldc, and the team overseeing our area!

Anyway, that's what little I know!

Dwain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit