Two Year Delay in Building New KHs - What Is the Real Impact?

by committeechairman 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If, to confuse and confound is their aim, then, I'd say they are acheiving it.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Maybe they made their decision to keep everything going for as long as they did was because they hoped that all the pledges would be honored and so they proceeded to rely on what was pledged at their massive pledge drive. Then as the months rolled on they maybe got 1/2 with a steadily desending trend and so all the cut backs happening now. But they just can't come out and say that and in order not to have donation dry up completely they are saying everything was good at the donation giving end and that they simply over spent the master's money.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I have to say what the Borg says and claims to the rank and file, they just lap it up as true. The rank and file,most of them, view what they say as truth.

But then, who knows how many in the rank and file know the REAL facts about whats happening of late, in the last few months. Who knows how many are lurking on these kind of sites absorbing all this. Could be astounding.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Don't assume that Bethel operates as a single cohesive unit. Likely, in 2013 someone convinced the GB that all of these volunteer RBCs were totally incompetent and a single, central kh building organization was what was needed. (A power grab)

That was implemented but the guy that grabbed for the power likely did not have the resources to organize and implement it quickly.

Fast forward to 2015 and someone in Accounting puts a worst case cash forecast together that scares the shit out of the GB and starts the current downsizing campaign.

Theres no one looking at the big picture. Just power grabs and reactionary behavior.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If the construction work doesn't start by mid year 2016, heads could roll.

But I doubt it. The Borg has been successful at spinning things in a way which benefits them. The rank and file lap it up as Gospel, the Elders receive documentation from the Borg on what to hide from the rank and file so it doesn't cause suspicion or doubts amongst them.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Knowing the Governing Body are such haters of getting a higher education they may have a very poor accountants running their accounting system and so failed to notify the Governing Body about gravity of the situation, partly because they are all ass kissers and yes men of the GB and they know how the GB react toward bringers of bad news and so fudged things a little finally after years of poor accounting the shit has finally hit the fan for the GB and all their ass kissers in the accounting department. Perhaps for this reason they would absolutely hate an audit by the IRS.

Kinda make you wonder what kind of business meeting the GB have to keep them informed about things in the financial department

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Such a financial hardship may be the result of narrow-minded, dogmatic thinking and practises. Such as the narrow-minded thinking of using someone who is more spiritually-minded to handle finances instead of using someone who is more experienced at accounting and finances!!! Way to go!!
  • RichardHaley
    RichardHaley
    RBC worked and worked well as far as I could tell. If it isn't broke why fix it. They could of instituted the new "donation expense" arrangement while keeping the RBCs in place without missing a beat. Every cong I know is keeping up with the new arrangement so the money is going some where. Maybe it is just being rat-holed.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    The entire KH land grab is based on the continual building with volunteer labor, sell off the property after a decade or two, then repeat. With a moratorium on building, the whole process is at a standstill. The entire purpose of the land grab is thwarted until the building of KH's is resumed.
  • James Jack
    James Jack

So many good points here!

Committee Chairman- I remember for some 20 years involved in the RBC, we had something going on every month, either a new build or re-model. Now nothing.

Siri82 - Most on every work Project (some 80 %) were Regular Pioneers be we(me and the wife) got to count our time on the project, many times 40 to 60 hours a month credit hours. I bet if these RBC Pioneers are still serving as Pioneers, they are struggling to get their real time in.

Also I recall that all 5 RBC Committee Members were Regular Pioneers. That was the ongoing joke; work on RBC projects, have some fun, count your time as a Pioneer and enjoy all the perks and recognition that goes with the title.

Bonus, Pioneer Elders were almost assured of getting Assembly and Convention Parts from using this status!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit