Return to Kingdom Hall Meetings - Letter to Elder Bodies?

by JWTom 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jhine
    jhine

As asp59 said most , if not all , churches are open and have been for a good few months now . There are probably people who are nervous about attending in person but my church has a pretty much pre-covid attendance.

Jan

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper

I dont have a problem going back. I'm not looking forward to it, but as has been said, everybody else is already doing there business.

My problem will be an overly cautious, stratifying rules that may be imposed; vaccinations, masks, segregation, etc.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

My problem will be an overly cautious, stratifying rules that may be imposed; vaccinations, masks, segregation, etc.

In my area I have heard, and it is only hearsay, that when the sheeple are permitted by the ones they follow, to attend meetings at KH's again it will only be the ones who can prove they are "vaccinated". There will be restrictions on private association between "vaccinated" and those who have made a personal decision to decline the COVID jab, at least for now. This was from a pioneer wife of an elder, and of course as I said it is only hearsay at this point. But I would not be surprised if this were the case. Another good reason to avoid the jab!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Wouldn’t it be funny if wt had to reverse this vaccination rule. To many people were using it as an excuse to leave. Lol

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

• ''Wouldn’t it be funny if wt had to reverse this vaccination rule. To many people were using it as an excuse to leave. Lol''

Well, the way the Borg flip flops on doctrines, I wouldn't never be surprised any longer.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Just announced onjwborg.

Some congs will be trialing in person meetings from 1st November.

Here in Australia, a cong that has Saturday public meetings in Western Australia will announce today that they have been selected. No actual details re vaccination versus unvaccinated etc etc

The Australasia branch has also designated the South Island of NZ,

And some small pacific Islands to take part in the trial.

I'll keep you posted if i hear any more.

The talk among elders in WA is "isn't this a bit premature?"

jtg

Edit, here is the link

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/The-Governing-Body-Announces-That-Some-In-Person-Meetings-Will-Resume-in-Select-Areas/

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What happened to "We will obey God as ruler rather than men " ? Heb.10: 24,25 .?

• Gorb
    Gorb

A lot of JW will prefere Zoom for ever.

G.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yep, as usual, the gibbering buddies are full of shit.

They need money so need 'in person activities' to as continue tithing surreptitiously.

My PIMO and POMO associates are spewing and laughing respectively.

jtg.

• Listener
    Listener
    Jonahstourguide -The talk among elders in WA is "isn't this a bit premature?"

I'm not surprised that the murmuring amongst the WA Elders is to question it.

This is what the GB Announcement says in part

The branches participating will select Kingdom Halls in areas where vaccination rates are high and infection rates are low.

The fully vaccinated rate in WA is only 53% whereas Vic and NSW are around the 70% mark. Although there are zero cases in WA and a couple of thousand cases per day in Victoria.

It would appear that they have chosen WA purely on cases rather than vaccination rates.

With NSW, in particular, opening up, it would be expected that WA could soon have a problem. Even though WA has a closed border policy, there are still many truck drivers and exempted persons from other states travelling in. I wouldn't be surprised if we, in WA are in lockdown fairly soon.

The Elders in WA will just have to be ready to shut the KHs and go back to what they have currently been doing when this does happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit