Return to Kingdom Hall Meetings - Letter to Elder Bodies?

by JWTom 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JWTom
    JWTom

A couple of threads over on Reddit that there is a letter to elders on restarting meetings. I find this hard to believe and have not seen anything on this from our trusty sources on this site. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/q70gms/return_to_inperson/

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Reddit says Feb 2022 which is still almost 6 months off.

According to my PIMO friend it was announced this week that 4000 Bethelites were allowed to travel home for visits recently. I believe he indicated that they were quarantines upon their return, but despite all being vaccinated, 4 tested POS for Covid.

If they are testing the water with Bethelites, I certainly could see them opening Assem Halls, at least in "safe" areas that are allowing such gatherings. I think even JWs must be confused when you can attend a funeral service at the funeral home or church for a "worldly" relative but JW funerals (at least here) are still only on Zoom.

Additionally, as one person commented, Circuit Assemblies are HUGE CASH COWS for WTS because they dictate how much will be contributed. (And it's a lot!)

• asp59
    asp59

If they wanted to open up KHs, they could have done it year ago. Most churches in My area are open. Sweden and norway removed restrictions. Have not heard of returning to KHs in does country's. Seems its not convid the problem. Asamlb been losing money for decades. Its gonna be even more so if only vaccinated can attend. Think they earn more selling buildings.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Additionally, as one person commented, Circuit Assemblies are HUGE CASH COWS for WTS because they dictate how much will be contributed. (And it's a lot!)''

And that's probably why Circuit A$$emblies are usually 1 day for each part of the circuit. So they can get more rounds of the sheeple pouring money in,,,, more attendees, the more donations.

Religion is a perfect business model.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Circuit Assemblies are HUGE CASH COWS for WTS because they dictate how much will be contributed.

But they still do that. On the zoom assembly they said we were thousands of dollars in deficit as usual 😅

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

If they are testing the water with Bethelites,

Bethelites are the canaries testing the mines for poisonous gas.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QOU5Kukziz0/VSu3Fy3dKGI/AAAAAAAAEAk/vaDpAjRE2Uc/s1600/Bird_Mine.jpg

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Around here, the circuit assembly is scheduled for January, and the latest "official" notice gives the location as the nearest assembly hall. But I'd bet large sums of coffee beans that it just ain't happening.

• solomon
    solomon

There are just a lot of people that are still too scared to attend a large gathering like that. Then there are those that will use it as an excuse. Zoom in my pyjamas sounds nice for the assembly

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

From the looks of this, they are going to open those abominations for in-person boasting sessions. The catch is that vaccination will be mandatory--using it as a way to dangle in-person boasting sessions as diabetes-and-torture shot bait. And if they feel they can get you back in and they feel it will be worth their trouble, they will hound and hound you to get your torture shot(s) so you can go back to in-person boasting sessions and field circus.

And don't expect any more boasting sessions to be snowed out any more. Instead, if there is a blizzard, they will simply Zoom the boasting sessions. And you will be expected to dress up as if you were physically there--fail to connect (or if your camera loses its connection), and expect the hounders to show up (you will also be required to wear masks through it, too--as well as during Zoom boasting sessions).

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yeah, if it comes down to it....just fake a raspy cough which you just can't stop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit