Will recent dress-code changes affect the WTS negatively?

by Wonderment 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Biahi
    Biahi

I attended a union meeting, where one woman, who was well over 300 pounds, was wearing yoga pants. It did not look nice, I would have been ashamed to wear these pants with her shape. I made a quiet comment to the guy sitting next to me, that I thought she looked inappropriate. He agreed. I can just imagine some of these larger sisters showing up at meetings. 🙄

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Will the recent dress-code changes affect the WTS negatively?

Let's just say it's not going to do them any good!

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

Being a JW from now on is totally different from only recent times.

You can basically do whatever you want. Sex, blood, smoking, drugs, rock and roll.

What will happen is elders will ask are you showing genuine repentance. If you say you are then that is enough. If the elders don’t think you are telling the truth that you have stopped they will inform you that they have decided to DF you.

You can appeal and tell the new bothers that those last elders had it in for you and you really are sorry. On that appeal the direction is that the elders have to take your word for it that you are really repentant.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out because there is a loophole where JWs can get away with anything now.

• KerryKing
    KerryKing

The WT changed the dress code right after they lost the Spain court case against the Victims of Jehovah's Witnesses Association, where the Judge said that JWs are a cult because of the level of control they have over their members' dress and grooming.

This has nothing to do with them wanting to be more appealing as a religion, this is damage control, and if Norway is anything to go by, then WT stand to lose a lot lot more.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Borg will always be its worst enemy.

Reactive.

Then wth "unintended consequences"".

As the Mike and Kims videos suggest.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The list of “unintended consequences” they create for themselves is thick enough to choke an alligator.

The post-Menlo land grab is potentially the biggest.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

KerryKing: "The WT changed the dress code right after they lost the Spain court case against the Victims of Jehovah's Witnesses Association, where the Judge said that JWs are a cult because of the level of control they have over their members' dress and grooming.

"This has nothing to do with them wanting to be more appealing as a religion, this is damage control, and if Norway is anything to go by, then WT stand to lose a lot lot more."

Yes, this is not an attempt to be kinder or gentler. Whenever the WT changes anything, always look for the smoking gun of what governments are looking at with regards to the WT.

Funny how Jehovah himself doesn't get a look in.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Depends who you are. Younger ones might like it but the older experienced dubs in my circle are horrified. They call it slovenly and disrespectful. Also they have little regard for the current bunch of GB members and speak fondly of the time when Knorr and Franz ran the show .

Maybe that says it all. The GB are desperate to keep the younger members and they know that the oldies won’t go anywhere. They just stay home, write a letter so they can report , watch zoom and grumble.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I was at the meeting when they played the Sanderson video. I’d describe the mood as sombre as he outlined the new shunning rules and the new dress code. I don’t know what I expected the reaction to be but it did seem a bit eerie. And can I underline how odd it is to hear Sanderson repeatedly refer to “slacks” as if we in the UK are supposed to know what he’s talking about. Personally I’d never heard the word before this.

There were no sisters in the KH wearing trousers and all brothers still wore shirt and tie, so far.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

slimboyfat & BluesBrother, many thanks for that info.

My aged family are desperately trying to find ways to convince themselves to be faithful and loyal to these new dress codes but are seriously struggling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit