Lord of the Rings-The Return of the King

by stichione 25 Replies latest social entertainment

• dh
    dh

well i just bought the dvd of return of the king, will watch it tonight, couldn't be bothered waiting heaven knows how long to see it at the cinema over here.

dh'

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    I tried going to block buster, but they only had one copy of the second movie (checked out) and they did not even have the first. What's up with that? It seems to me that they would have both movies in a large stock ready for everyone to watch again.
    Blockbuster is Evil. I have to hand return all of my videos there, or they charge me late fees even though I drop them in the slot on time. Bastards.

www.netflix.com

never pay late fees again.

GentlyFeral

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

3 1/2 hours of complete and utter boredom. I just don't know what the hype is about these movies. I sat through this thing and I wanted to walk out very early but I stuck it out.

It could have and should have ended two years ago.

• Sassy
    Sassy

well you are rare Stacy.. few who see this movie have not enjoyed it. You have to be into this 'type' of movie though..

as for renting the 2nd movie, make sure you rent the extended version, there are extra scenes that make it even better!

• dh
    dh

i think if you have read the book and have had it etched into your mind, when it finally does come to screen it's exciting to see, but if you haven't read the book i can understand how it might seem over hyped and boring, however i read the book first time when i was about 8, so i have to totally disagree!

gotta say though, when i watch the movies on DVD, they only take about an hour and a half each to watch as i always skip to the parts i like, the same as when i read the book i skip to the parts i like.

also as i said in another thread, i think that people who never read the book have missed the true magic of the story, which is a shame.

dh'

• missylissy
    missylissy

i saw it. at first i didnt understand what was going on, because i didnt see the first two. Haha, but smyler and his bro helped me! lol

i thought it was a great movie!! and i cant wait to see the other two!

-missy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit