Lord of the Rings-The Return of the King

by stichione 25 Replies latest social entertainment

• amac
    amac

Saw it last night at midnight! Definitely my favorite......BUUUUUUUUUUTTTTT!!

Spoiler below....

I was quite upset that they screwed around with the ending and didn't include the final battle over the shire with Saruman. That was one of my favorite parts of the book!

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

mmmm Legolas is my fav

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm planning on watching the new movie, but I wanted to watch the first two before going. I tried going to block buster, but they only had one copy of the second movie (checked out) and they did not even have the first. What's up with that? It seems to me that they would have both movies in a large stock ready for everyone to watch again.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Elsewhere - Blockbuster is Evil. I have to hand return all of my videos there, or they charge me late fees even though I drop them in the slot on time. Bastards.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Elsewhere, if you are going to see the two first ones, try and make sure you get the EXTENDED versions. There are extra scenes not included with the first releases. Well worth it.

I must admit, now that I have been to all three movies, I find myself thinking I should try and take the time and read the books. Boy I loved them, especially this last one!!

• berten
    berten

Vivamus:

>Going next Saturday, with two girlfriends... We are taking the trip to Antwerp, which has the biggest cinema in Europe Can't wait .....

Would that be the "Metropolis"?

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Elsewhere -

I have both of them on DVD if you would like to borrow them.

Lisa

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I loved it...very action packed. Some of the battle scenes were great!

Spunky I have to agree-Legolas is a total hottie Elf boy...yum! Orlando Blom *drools*

But my favorite character, for obvious reasons of feminist rhetoric, has to be Eowyn. Must be that whole unrequited love bit that resonates with me...lol.

Peter Jackson has made three lovely films here, very visually pleasing.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    very visually pleasing

Was that another reference to Legolas?

j/k... there were some Legolas fans in the audience when Piph and I saw it... they cheered when he first came on screen, when he appeared during the closing sequence, and when he came up in the credits.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I took my son to see this today and I have to say, it is the best of the three. The only thing I felt bad about was Gullum. I was hoping he would be changed back to how he was before the ring changed him.:( I bought the first two dvd's and will be adding this to my collection, then maybe one day, when I have nothing else to do, I will sit back and watch them from begining to end. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit