FAT PEOPLE = BAD ASSOCIATION

by Funchback 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

asleif, the people in their congregations take them out. There are families with marriageable daughters and non Bethel couples who want contacts at Bethel, their families come to see them as well as people from their congregations who take them out. People have to take care of the poor Bethelites (I'm not demeanng the honest work many on this board did at Bethel). I even saw a few Bethelites make "suggestions" as to what they needed materially. Actually, ordering out pizza was a big thing when I was out there. (and of course the underage Bethel boys managed to get beer too). Not every restaurant is Lutece in NYC. There are many local family restaurants that are reasonable. Believe me, if you want to find a restaurant with good food, low prices, and large servings, Bethelites know where to go. Want to get tickets to a show on Broadway and not sign away your car, ask a Bethelite. If there is something free to do culturally, they will know.

Bethelites as many extra sources of money, family and friends "help out," some sold all their beloings, cars, homes, etc. and squirrled it away in a savings account. Some have side jobs (g jobbing I heard it called on here) that they conceal. Some rent out the house they had. The demographics at Bethel consists of young Bethel boys that stay less than 5 years and did have a pot to xxxx in and continue to be subsidized by mommy and daddy. Then there are married couples, some that were somewhat established financially when the Bethel bug bit. Some of these are old enough to have parents they may die and leave them a nice estate. When I lived out by Bethel, Bethelites were always going out to eat. I wondered how they did it because it was a challenge for me on a part-time salary.

The inner workings of Bethel on all levels is an eye-opener for many. It could be why so many Bethelites that leave (on good terms) eventually leave altogether.

Blondie

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I'll never forget a Hawaiain brother showed me this great chinese resturant that gave yo plate of fried rice with all the trimings for 4.95. They did know all the eatiers with the cheap prices and good portions!

• mustang
    mustang

"But I see no scriptural reference condemning gluttonous eaters of cakes, pies, loaves, pasta, potatos, chips, sugar-laden soft drinks, candies, chocolates, vegetable fats and oils." Nathan Natas

I believe that I have one for you Nathan!!!

Daniel 1:5,8, 13,15, 16 all refer to "the delicacies of the king and his drinking wine". I believe that these were the cakes, puddings, soda and chips of the day

These "delicacies of the king and his drinking wine" ARE condemned, in that Daniel had the diets of the young Hebrews changed to vegetables, as opposed to the allotted rations of "the delicacies of the king and his drinking wine". In fact they do a 10-day test (Jenny Craig?? other wonder diet??? SlimFast???) against the other young people. And the Hebrews on veggies fare better!!!

So, the Bible condemns tasty, fancy food???

But wait!!! What will you pay... Not just one, but two, count them, two points!!!!!.... and if you act now I’ll throw in this CONTRADICTION OF WTS...

Daniel continues.... yes, the contest is won!!!! but how are the winners described???

Daniel 1:15 (NWT w/ a black cover!!!!) says:

"And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared better and FATTER in flesh than all the children who were eating the delicacies of the king".

OK, so the winners didn’t have any zits, but they WERE FAT!!!!

Ya gonna disfellowship Daniel and his crew??? This guy actually talked to God, ya know!!!

What are you gonna do, Brooklyn, back this outta the NWT???

BTW, it’s been a while, but I remember some CO’s that were REAL PORKERS!!!!

Mustang

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

If this would be the case 60 percent of American JW;s would be disfellowshipped for obesity. Iremember in the lower east side we had some biggins, some brother couldn't even wear suits but simply mumu's!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit