FAT PEOPLE = BAD ASSOCIATION

by Funchback 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    So that covers people who like their meat - steaks, roasts, chops, ribs, burgers, meatballs, etc...

But I see no scriptural reference condemning gluttonous eaters of cakes, pies, loaves, pasta, potatos, chips, sugar-laden soft drinks, candies, chocolates, vegetable fats and oils.

Interestingly enough, the old testament forbids Jews from eating pork, because it's unclean. However, every Wednesday night for the WT prep study for Sunday, we would almost always have pork chops.

I don't think they will ever seriously enforce this fat people rule. If they did, they would lose a great deal of people, some of which are respected members. Carrying this rule out to the extreme would just cause the organization to collapse on itself...so let's hope they do it. *Crosses fingers.*

• blondie
    blondie

What happens to fat people at Bethel? Are there fat people at Bethel?

Blondie

• Quotes
    Quotes

Ah yes, the arbitrary nature of JW doctine rears its ugly head once again.

To choose a few examples:

You could be 200kgs (440lbs), known to have a "big appetite", and be clearly one big meal away from cardiac infarction. And that's OK in Dub-World.

You could fall in with the wrong crowd, and smoke one cigarett, ONCE, and if they found out (and you lacked repentance), you'd be disfellowshipped. Becuase cigarettes are harmful to your health and you have shown disprespect for the gift of life.

Or perhapsh, you can go camping, and sit so close to the fire you are breathing in all that camp-smoke, taking the equivalent of several cigarettes over the course of the night and declare to your dub-friends how much you enjoy the smell of campfire smoke, and they all heartily agree. But if Brother Naughty says he enjoys the smell of cigarettes or pipes, he's told that he is spiritually week and should guard against the Devil's machinations.

BTW, I just saw last night on CBC's "Nature of Things" (http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/) that obesity (mostly due to under-activity and over-consumption) is a bigger health threat than smoking. BIGGER than smoking! (No pun intended).

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I just had to share how I rationalize my weight. For each child you have, you get 10 pound. I had 7 children, which moves my ideal weight from 140 lbs to 210 lbs. So technically, I am underweight.

Just thought I would share.

• Faraon
    Faraon

mom,

just had to share how I rationalize my weight. For each child you have, you get 10 pound. I had 7 children, which moves my ideal weight from 140 lbs to 210 lbs. So technically, I am underweight.

Does that mean that if I have 36 children in my classroom, and my ideal weight is 180 lbs, I am 340 lbs underweight?

I better go in a high carb diet! Thanks for the tip.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

Yes Faraon, you need to eat more. Chocolate, cakes and pies. Double desserts for you.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Well I though that being a bit overweight, you would know which door leads to eternal life, since its supposed to be the smallest and narrowest then that way they one which you felt more squeezed in then you would be saved???

Lapuce

• Funchback
    Funchback

Good one, Lapuce!

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

There's heaps of gluttons in the organisation. Thank goodness the Society is now cracking down on all the elephantine lard-ass sisters I see.

• Panda
    Panda

I remember around 1983 there was glutton talk. I remember because one brother mentioned the fat 
    problem and that a woman he and his wife were studying with was very smelly. 
    I told him that was a soap and water thing. He asked me if I knew how to get her to realise her 
    overeating made her smelly. I replied again that maybe he should just send his wife with another sister because
     he shouldn't be sniffing her. He just got on this fat sisters are sinning thing. And I guess
    he was right because Mr.Panda and I were doing things we shouldn't, food may have been involved, 
    I'm not saying for sure, but some worldly habits were weigh too hard to break.
    Also, I always encouraged all of those beautiful skinny teenagers to keep themselves healthy and
    thin. I thought they looked great. I sewed several wedding gowns and bridesmaids dresses 
    and the skinny girls were fun because they never thought they looked good enough. 
    While us old fatties just sighed and remembered when ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit