Resolutions at Kingdom Hall

by sieborg 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ringo
    Ringo

Did any of you ever see anyone vote against a resolution?

I have seen it and done so myself, many times.

At one time in the past I was asked to audit the congregation accounts. I noticed, and noted on the audit form, that resolutions were not being properly handled. In every case they were marked as "unanimous", with those in favor being the entire count of those in attendance. I personally had voted "opposed" on several, and everyone knows that un-baptized persons are not to be counted in the vote, especially where finances are concerned. That is not in any way, shape, or form a personal put-down of any visitors to a kingdum hall, just WTB&T$ instructions.

Of course I got promptly chastised for making that written note, and that form somehow "disappeared".

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

Not once did anyone ever disagree. Being the one announcing the resolution, I sometimes forgot to raise my hand. Lol. I don't think anyone ever even noticed, though.

A major decision as big as sending over 48 grand to branch with the new KH arrangement was not even questioned. hmmm

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Did any of you ever see anyone vote against a resolution?

.....Image result for never word

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I was counseled for abstaining from voting. The last year or so of meetings was particularly tough and couldn't bring myself to participate in the farce, the brother counting the hands ratted me out.
  • Mephis
    Mephis

In the early 80s, the congo I was in were renting out a place in one town. However, the bulk of the publishers were at the other end of the territory and wanted to relocate the rented facilities to somewhere more central. Not only votes against the resolution to move but it was quite clear the BoE resolution wasn't unanimous either.

The congregation is still named after the original town.

Would think that would be more 'guided' by CO and branch these days judging by the letters they've put out over the past few years. Would also think it much rarer for someone to feel free to express a dissenting opinion against 'the theocratic arrangement'.

• JustMe2
    JustMe2
    The last few years I attended, I would happen to go to the restroom before certain resolutions were discussed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit