What a Bad Day for Democrats

by Simon 39 Replies latest social current

• Twitch
    Twitch
    drum-banging, wailing Injun

As a member of this minority, I find this rather demeaning and have lost any respect I had for you or this board if such terms are deemed acceptable.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

The best political SATIRE I've ever seen is currently on THE GOOD FIGHT on CBS TV.
    Somehow the writers find a way to exactly balance an honest look at the extremes of political true believers while nested inside a show about a black Law Firm (so there is a racial satire going as well.)
    Since the 2016 election I feel like I'm living inside a SATIRE.
    Everywhere larger-than-life episodic outrageous nonsense parades as reality.
    The old Chinese toast: "May you live in interesting times" has come to fruition, indeed.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    drum-banging, wailing Injun

As a member of this minority, I find this rather demeaning and have lost any respect I had for you or this board if such terms are deemed acceptable - I was kinda using that term in a sarcastic way.

The guy banging the drum, Nathan Phillips, is very keen to shove his ethnicity in everyone's face, so I was kinda just throwing it back at him.

I don't usually use this term when talking about Native Americans.

It's just a word, Twitch.

Sticks and stones, and all that ...

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

more tribal nonsense...

• Corney
    Corney
    ... now ObamaCare has been rule unconstitutional

Trump's subordinates refused to defend duly enacted federal law and nothing more. There is no final court decision.

so it's official - he achieved nothing at all.

Or Trump is just obsessed with destroying Obama's legacy.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

As long as the Mexicans pay for the wall, go for it.

They can do it for much less and not raise our taxes.

Rub a Dub

• Simon
    Simon
    As a member of this minority, I find this rather demeaning and have lost any respect I had for you or this board if such terms are deemed acceptable.

Sorry, but "drum banging and wailing" is what is always shown as Indian culture and apparently, it trumps all kind of innocence when someone does it and then claims they have been victimized.

The guy was a drum banging waling Indian and used that to get away with attacking children.

If you think saying "me too" means everyone has to tippy-toe around and not state facts, you are mistaken. It's people creating the idea that they are offended and that offence is a crime that gives currency to this kind of behavior.

If you don't like the response to it, tell the fuckers doing it to stop. They are the cause.

• minimus
    minimus

People are conditioned to say they are offended and then they expect apologies and maybe even some reparations. Everyone is disillusioned and unhappy with their treatment. Even today’s youth is more pessimistic that ever before. I’ll tell you , the left is really not helping anyone out.

• Twitch
    Twitch

If people here can justify using the racial slur "injun" for a political agenda/viewpoint, I've got nothing else to say.

Feel free to delete my account as I've no wish to be associated with this site any longer.

• minimus
    minimus

One of my best friends is American Indian. He’s a very conservative guy and is thick skinned . He’s more bothered by people shitting on Trump than he is bothered by a word that really wasn’t meant to hurt your feelings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit