Weldon Howze dies in California

by SadElder 22 Replies latest jw friends

• SadElder
    SadElder

Many of us knew or knew of Weldon Howze. Weldon was a good friend for more than 40 years, even after my fade from the dubs. This came to my in box today.

To all of Weldon’s friends and family,

I am very sorry to say that this is not Weldon writing to you. I am just a friend fulfilling Weldon’s request. It is with great sadness that I am writing to you to inform you that our Weldon has passed away. He died peacefully from a brief illness on Friday evening (12/11/2015). Weldon requested that a final letter that he had personally written be sent to all his contacts after his passing. That letter will follow shortly and the title is “My Final Letter”.

It goes without saying that Weldon was well known and very well loved. He touched so many people with his kindness and encouragement. Some have expressed the desire to share their personal stories about their experiences with Weldon. In order to help with this, a website was created where you can go to share your own story, or post a photo, or video. Several pictures of Weldon through the years have already been posted and some personal stories of his, written in his own hand.

You can visit this site at:

http://www.forevermissed.com/weldonhowze

IMPORTANT: Arrangements are being made, when they are finalized another email will be sent with the details.

My sincerest condolences to you all.

A friend and brother

• Dagney
    Dagney

I'm sorry for his passing. I met him a few times, and somehow got on his email list years ago. I remember him as a very kind, and interesting brother. RIP Weldon.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I knew Weldon from way back in the seventies, he studied with my first husband. He was a really great guy, was very well known and traveled a lot. I think he served at Bethel at one time. I am sorry to hear that he passed away.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    A JW celebrity that was dealt with heavy handedly by even the top brass in Brooklyn. Probably no better example of severe cognitive dissonance that crippled his critical thinking and prevented him from walking away from what he must have known deep down was a cult.
  • steve2
    steve2

A JW celebrity that was dealt with heavy handedly by even the top brass in Brooklyn.

Is someone able to provide some information on this?

I have heard of him from time to time but did not realize he had gone through some tough times within the organization.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Who is disliking all the comments? Shawn Howze are you lurking on this forum?
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Two dislikes for saying I was sorry someone passed away? Seriously?

Steve, I don't know the story, I heard some rumors, but nothing I care to repeat, it was a long time ago.

• steve2
    steve2

Steve, I don't know the story, I heard some rumors, but nothing I care to repeat, it was a long time ago.

That's cool. I had just wondered whether there was something in the public domain that I had missed, as was the case with Karl Klein.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2
    Weldon was a very kind man. He will be missed.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    No, I once did a search for him on the internet, but nothing, I was just curious, he was an interesting fellow, very unique. He was a very social guy, traveled a lot and had friends all over, but I guess he wasn't into the internet, not surprising, he was older. Whenever people found out I was from the area they would ask me if I knew him, he was that well known. I knew him in Ventura, but he lived in Santa Barbara from the eighties on. I last saw him in the ninties, ran into him at a party, he asked about my husband at the time who was disfellowshipped, as I said Weldon studied with him before he got baptized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit