A Moderate Tendency Towards Narcissism.

by Englishman 31 Replies latest jw friends

• AJN
    AJN

Those tests are a joke, to get a decent test online you have to pay for it or better yet go and get tested properly. I've got Borderline PD traits and run an online community focussed on recovery. It's no fun and it's hard work to recover but it's so worth it. If anyone wants to know anything about borderline personality disorder I'll try my best to answer.

Grits :) Yeah we could blame our mothers like Vankin does but I always bear in mind this quote from a book called "The Angry Heart"

The Existential Paradox

"We are not responsible for how we came to be who we are as adults. But as adults we are responsible for whom we have become and for everything we do and say.
    "

http://www.slshealth.com/bpdcenter_responsibility.cfm

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Disorder

Rating

Paranoid:

Low

Schizoid:

Low

Schizotypal:

Low

Antisocial:

Low

Borderline:

Low

Histrionic:

Low

Narcissistic:

Moderate

Avoidant:

Low

Dependent:

Low

Obsessive-Compulsive:

Low
  • drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    i must have done something wrong. i had to have!!!! jesus, off to find myself a therapist....or maybe just retake it

Have you been drinking enough diet cherry coke, dear?

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Ladylee,

Just asking you because of your specialty, not because of your test

All but a few sterling posters seemed to have at least 'moderate' Narcissistic ratings.

Is it possible that we all, having left a self-esteem crushing organization, now discovering we are real people with our own life, may test out as narcissistic on a test not weighted accordingly?

Steve who looked in the mirror and thought he saw Englishman Afraid

• tink
    tink
    Have you been drinking enough diet cherry coke, dear?

it would appear not!!!!

<-------runs out to get three 24-packs of diet cherry pop and drink them all asap

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I got Low on everything.

Granted, I could only answer "Yes" to a few of the questions, but does that mean I'm too boring to have a mental illness???
    Some of you guys have a propensity to some cool ones
    Just remind me to watch my back at the next Fest (... seems I'm developing Paranoia).

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Just remind me to watch my back at the next Fest (... seems I'm developing Paranoia).

That's what everyone says about you.

Mike.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Seeing as how some recent threads put links up for narcissism I thought maybe this personal test may shed light on some of the controversy!

My feeling on reading up on some of the stuff is that its like a crime scene scenario where you were there and innocent but cant prove to everyone you didn't do it!!

I see a lot of this in psychology speak and I think it must cause a lot of vulnerable people a lot of further suffering on top of how bad they already feel!!

Like being branded narcissistic gets people reading around it and attributing all manner of things to your persona and then scrutinising your behaviour for very 'controversial' examples which seem to prove the diagnosis = even though your motives are completely opposite to the ones suggested in the resume for what constitutes narcissistic behaviours! Seems to me that if someone brands you as having it you're in a lose-lose situation??

Kiss of death psychology speak - which seems to suggest heartlessness and I'm convinced some viewed that way have the most loving hearts of all - just that insecurities completely keep closing up their whole persona like a sea anenome when an aggressive aura imposes on their close quarters!

Just some thoughts I'm trying to quantify about why 'narcissism' seems to me to be a bum deal for anyone to have applied to them!

Am I missing something? Please enlighten me!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Paranoid:

High

Schizoid:

High

Schizotypal:

Very High

Antisocial:

Moderate

Borderline:

Low