A Perfect Life Isn't Worth Living?

by Sorry 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Agreed - but I would give it a shot.

Death doesnt seem all that fun.

Though there is NO change of any religious idea of living forever wherever.

• atomant
    atomant

l think this is the reason satan and his mates rebelled,they got bored.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Sorry,

Wanted to check from you:

You said:

It would get boring very quickly if there were no problems, if everyone was smart and nice, if everyone had that same perfect personality.......Nothing would be interesting since we'd all be the same perfect people

Do JW's believe that in Paradise all living there will have the same perfect personality? i.e. the same qualities, habits and knowledge?

Your only purpose is eating fruit, petting tigers and singing Kumbaya all day. No motivation to change or grow.

Again, do they believe that in Paradise all will have perfect mind and knowledge, i.e. that will know everything and hence there won’t be anything more to learn than just living? I know that they believe that all will reach a state of perfect physical bodies. But, do they also believe that one day all will reach the same plane or state of a perfect mind and knowledge?

According to me, perfection means a state of being flawless or faultless. I can understand the perfect state of human body. But a perfect mind? Perfection has a sense of transcendence and hence a perfect person with a perfect mind will always look for more avenues of fulfillment and satisfaction.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

And all those people you can't stand being next door and perpetually kind and generous, not gossiping or arguing , stop the planet, I want to get off!

• NikL
    NikL

It seems to me the Eden story of Adam and Eve is an allegory about people being unaware of themselves until Satan came into the picture and helped them to become self aware.

So humans were much like the dogs I have out in the yard. laying on the lawn all day doing what dogs do never getting bored because they don't have a concept of time or themselves.

I guess they are kinda dumb.

Maybe that's why the WT is dumbing everyone down. To prepare humans for paradise. :-)

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

No concept of time. That sounds interesting.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Smiddy: OTWO remember competition is frowned on and a big no-no , dress codes are strictly controlled , imagine a sister or brother designing their own clothes in the new system it would be as bad as the Muslim nations of today you would have the religious police patrolling everywhere ."You cant wear that ?"

That's a JW-paradise or one ruled by some religious entity. I am not specifically talking of a religious dictatorship but of a place of never dying. It isn't real anyway, so my speculation is a fantasy just as your description of living forever where so much is frowned upon is fantasy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit