new situation in world helpful to org?

by Magnum 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Overrated
    Overrated

All very comical to me. Glad I no longer waste my time with WT. But the way I see it, they will go electronically and you can worship and serve Jeehoka on Jwilly.org with a donation. No more kingdom Hells maybe regional sites every month for the GB booze fund.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

No more "quick builds"? To be replaced by "Quick sells"!

just saying!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "...'How can we make converts when we cannot preach?'..."

That's too funny. Vidiot

• Overrated
    Overrated

Religion to Real Estate. That's the WT way.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I’d say it’s probably net benefit in terms of JW engagement, perhaps also for recruitment among the pool of pre-acquainted JW contacts who may be prompted to join in under the circumstances. In terms of finances it may not be such good news, because in times of risk, I think most families and individuals will look after themselves first, and contribute less to Watchtower.

So in terms of long term impact, the jury must be out, not least because we don’t yet know how long this pandemic will run, or how severe the social and economic consequences will be.

One trend that might tend to weaken Watchtower is if the pandemic causes families to draw closer together, in particular families that comprise a mixture of JWs and non-JWs. Because any strengthening of family bonds tends to decrease Watchtower’s hold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit